If nothing is happening with the edmontonian site will they just build another smaller structure on it? Are they planning to do something with it?

Unlikely and was highly speculative in nature; basically a rezoning exercise to position an uplift and sale.

Not according to Terry Hartwig -- the proposal was quite serious at the time but BCM (his client) couldn't pull the financing together. Of course it was speculative (aren't most upper end developments). Maybe BCM was punching above its weight class but it was not a rezoning exercise for a projected sale.

BS - There was zero way that BCM was going to make this happen, period.

Easy to say now in hindsight where your frame of reference tends to dwell -- I will have more to say about this on Monday after the weekend.
Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 4.12.23 PM.png

Not according to Terry Hartwig -- the proposal was quite serious at the time but BCM (his client) couldn't pull the financing together. Of course it was speculative (aren't most upper end developments). Maybe BCM was punching above its weight class but it was not a rezoning exercise for a projected sale.
Let me guess, BCM would've completed this in 2013 if it weren't for COVID right?

If you believe that BCM was serious, and you believed that Aldritt was about to start in March 2022, and you believe that Regency's performance of its sites has been because of COVID then I have some snow to sell you...and believe me, I am "quite serious" about selling it to you :)

Tall Tale Ted at it again!

Does BL stand for BulLarkey?
Yes exactly, BulLarkey detector! Which is why my radar goes off after most of your postings. Let me see if I can count by memory:

1. Defiantly staking your reputation (and in some cases putting other forum members down) that Alldritt was going to start, despite many others involved in the Edmonton development scene noting otherwise
2. Claiming that you were involved in some grand plan that was going to reinvigorate the Quarters with hundreds of jobs, which did not happen
3. Claiming for some odd reason that COVID impacted Regency's performance, despite leaving certain sites in poor condition as early as 2016
4. Defiantly claiming that construction of the second Stationlands tower is underway, despite others in the Edmonton development scene noting otherwise
5. Being incorrect about the publication process about Edmonton's development permits, again despite others in the Edmonton development scene noting otherwise
6. And now claiming that BCM was serious about developing this project because "BCM said they were serious about developing this project"

If your intent is to come across as informed in the Edmonton development scene to those who aren't as informed and come here to learn about Edmonton's development, you frequently come across as uninformed to the trained eye, which is why my BulLarkey detector goes off at your posts.

I certainly am not the most informed on this site by any stretch, but I know enough to smell the BulLarkey that comes from a lot of your posts Tall Tale Ted.

Anyone who gives themselves the moniker "Captain" must think pretty highly of themselves -- I must say the name fits in your case.

no one could have “pulled the financing together for that one” because the project was unworkable from the ground up. parking, lay-by, loading and access didn’t work. the vertical massing might have worked but the horizontal ever would - the floor plates were simply too small to accommodate the elevator and service cores and stairwell exiting and shaft space needed for various building uses. this means there was a ridiculously small amount of usable/rentable space left. sales and/or rental rates would have needed to be twice what the top end of the market was paying at the peak and the inefficiencies would have seen operating expenses twice what they would be in competitive spaces. it was never even realistically speculative…

Last edited:
Let's just admit this thing will never materialize (nor was there ever a realistic chance of it happening) and the same goes for Alldritt's tower.
The Edmontonian was, apparently, never realistic at all (technical issues and whatnot, on top of financial).

The Aldritt tower was more plausible, pre COVID, but I guess we should consider it dead and buried, now.

Back