News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'm surprised we don't have more active density builds near Algonquin station. This is what we are getting and the quality is meh.
I'm hoping we can get some real height here and opening it up more as a walkable district with all these new builds. Doesn't feel like that with what is going up now with this project and others.

I'm surprised we don't have more active density builds near Algonquin station. This is what we are getting and the quality is meh.
I'm hoping we can get some real height here and opening it up more as a walkable district with all these new builds. Doesn't feel like that with what is going up now with this project and others.
Around the time the City built the Algonquin Station tunnel (2009), they also made a plan for the area.

The City of Ottawa office tower and parking are currently owned by Arnon, but the City will have the option to purchase everything once the lease expires (2026).

Right now:

20240318_112041.jpg
20240318_112046.jpg

These are the slap on precast 'brick' panels that I initially thought all CharcWhites were made with when I was new in the building envelope industry after visiting our jobsite at Ellwood Central (Anand Private). I've actually come to appreciate the comparative quality of actual masonry CharcWhites since then. These look incredibly tacky and cheap. A real disappointment for a Richcraft project.

52200829216_6dc6b7a85b_o.jpg

Back