News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The amenity deck looks incredible, but it won't be getting much sunshine!!!

This is one build where I believe we might actually see amazing things from the renders, like the light sculpture in the plaza and the wood under the overhangs.

As I was looking at hoggytime's posts, I forgot why I logged on in the first place.

Here are some shots I took today from the Delta.

1713313529334.png
1713313540450.png

Really liking the look of these. I think they would be nice buildings really anywhere, not as stand out as they are here but I think you would be hard pressed to find anywhere they would be considered ugly.

They are working on 29th now. I'm really curious to see what happens with the crown...it looks an awful lot like a 31 story building in the renders, that's a lot of glass for a two story mechanical penthouse. Maybe Bluejay knows if there is an amenity floor(s).
1000024979.jpg
20240425_152757.jpg

Unfortunately, they value engineered the top. Now it's going to be a smaller glassed-in penthouse level. Counting 30 floors with the top level. Still better than most mechanical penthouses that are just metal siding.

1714075506411.png

Unfortunately, they value engineered the top. Now it's going to be a smaller glassed-in penthouse level. Counting 30 floors with the top level. Still better than most mechanical penthouses that are just metal siding.

View attachment 559219

Ahhh, Dang. I loved the sloping roofline. Still, it looks great. I see they are putting glass on the 21s tower crown, which is not actually a floor, just a skirt around the mechanicals. I wonder if the penthouse will have amenities on the 29s tower, or if it's just glasses for aesthetics as well.

At this point, the south tower looks just about as high as Minto Apartments. That last floor (double height) should make it the most prominent tower of the area other than Place de Ville C. Just wish both towers were a few floors taller. South tower will be fully hidden by the Marriott Renaissance unfortunately. Heights should have been reversed.

At this point, the south tower looks just about as high as Minto Apartments. That last floor (double height) should make it the most prominent tower of the area other than Place de Ville C. Just wish both towers were a few floors taller. South tower will be fully hidden by the Marriott Renaissance unfortunately. Heights should have been reversed.
The 29 story tower's top is now quite visible popping up over Minto Place from the East End, especially coming in on the 417.

The 29 story tower's top is now quite visible popping up over Minto Place from the East End, especially coming in on the 417.
I've seen it more from the west recently, walking/driving towards it from Albert (wish they change the name to Scott) and Slater. Driving on the 417 from the east towards Downtown is probably the best way to gauge the height compared to the other towers, so I'll have to take notice next time.

Back