News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I recently watched Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix and it was excellent. In the West, we tend to have hangups about animation being for children but this is a beautifully illustrated adult-targeted historical drama with really well developed characters and themes.

It’s the old stuff I like most. In the days before political correctness, British tv was cracking good. When I watch On the Buses, Are You Being Served or Keeping Up Appearances I am transported to my youth in 1970s London and as a newly arrived Brit in late 1970s Mississauga.
This in Guardian may be of interest https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ain-television-tv-reality-shows-downton-abbey It discusses the strange British nostalgia for shows that try to recreate "a distant era, loaded with unreconstructed stereotypes of the working class, male-female relationships and Johnny Foreigner."

Not going to lie, I love Downtown Abbey, Call the Midwife and Bridgerton. Real life? No way. Escapism? Totally. And the costumes!

Reactions: DSC
Not going to lie, I love Downtown Abbey, Call the Midwife and Bridgerton. Real life? No way. Escapism? Totally. And the costumes!
First two, definitely. I’ve just watched a few episodes of Only Fools and Horses, which I’d not watched since the 1980s. Oh my, my thoroughly indoctrinated adult kids would not approve.

But it was still a fun nostalgic look at tv from my youth.

Last edited:

Back