Apr 26 -
IMG_8932.JPG

IMG_8918.JPG

I actually personally love this project before the setbacks started becoming pronounced I wasn't too crazy but as it gets close to the top I think it is probably one of my favorite builds currently being built but that is my opinion still better than the pit at Pemberton 😂

Project of the year anyone ? :) I'm pretty serious ...

...I mean, out of the three towers there I find it has the most going for it. But it doesn't mean it's stellar by a 100 kilometres and a long stretch. And certainly not worthy of any project of the year accolade, IMO.

To break it down though, 1 Yorkville has fairly unique cladding, but is taken away by having a bad case of cheap arsed sprandrel'itus. Eight Cumberland is far more streamline with better executed materials, but suffers from being dull, soulless and grey that would make it the envy of most tombstones. And finally this building, which would look great if it didn't suffer from janky execution of materials. Thus making it seem to scream that VE'ing poisons everything...

...so how did I determine that this tower is the better of the three? I think it just the easiest to look at and the massing seems to work here. I don't think that's an opinion that would be shared by everyone. /shrug

Back