Surprisingly, I haven't been there either...

I guess some places can be easy to overlook. The interiors look pretty decent though, has that homey pub feel. After reading this, also just learned that it's from the same folks behind Village Genius Pub and Sin & Redemption:

I guess some places can be easy to overlook. The interiors look pretty decent though, has that homey pub feel. After reading this, also just learned that it's from the same folks behind Village Genius Pub and Sin & Redemption:

That means an adequate selection of imported beer!

Even though I've never been to the Prenup Pub after all these years, I do hope that they'd be able to relocate somewhere in the area/city. They have that "character" presence.
Surprisingly, I haven't been there either...
Well, I've been there for both of you then, and it would be missed in that spot. Major U of T hangout of course.

Same people who also also have the Town Crier on John and L'Idiot Du Village at Dundas and McCaul, if that's still there. I know I can get good Belgian beer at any of them, and pretty good pub grub too.

Well, I've been there for both of you then, and it would be missed in that spot. Major U of T hangout of course.

Same people who also also have the Town Crier on John and L'Idiot Du Village at Dundas and McCaul, if that's still there. I know I can get good Belgian beer at any of them, and pretty good pub grub too.

It's a pretty good spot..........though, I don't recommend anyone try to navigate their way down the stairs from the upper level while having having back spasms.... Incredibly challenging. (I was fine when I had dinner w/friends at a nearby resto and we walked over for post-dinner drinks.........) (4 years ago, for added clarity)

It's called the Village Genius now.

New docs from Sept 2023

college2.JPG
college.JPG

New renderings are updated in the database. The total unit count changed from 494 units to 492 units. The total bike parking was reduced from 498 bike parking to 492 bike parking.

Rendering are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission.

I don't know how I feel about this wall of condos building up on College Street. It's ruining the city views from U of T. Soon we won't be able to see the CN Tower.

My first comment is look at @AlbertC sneaking this one in under my nose and somewhow I don't notice it for almost a week. Y'all just bumping this thing when I'm doing my day job? LOL

My second comment is that I agree with @Student99 ; (except to note that this is rental rather than condo); regrettably, given that this proposal has so much about it that's laudable (affordable, rental, heritage restoration, innovative construction, and no resident parking); it's just too hulking, and frankly, ugly to boot.

City staff noted the recent SASP for the area set a height limit of 60M

Next, I had a read through of the Planning Addendum which outlines changes made since the last iteration. There are a few.

1697893198506.png

1697893234104.png

Comments from me just below the pics: The big box w/the overhang is just too much, needs a smaller floor plate, at least reduced to what's above it, if not a bit slimmer still. The white panels w/the the funky window design are both unappealing in an absolute sense and a poor, garish contrast to the heritage. Take one of two approaches here, go semi-historical in look but use a contrasting brick tone, maybe something in the yellow'ish range; or go modern, but in that case, I'd prefer black to white, uniform, symmetrical windows, and maybe make some of the CLT visible. A bit of wood would bring out the significance of the construction typology and add warmth.

1697893506578.png

1697893537869.png

Following the above, there is a discussion of the evolving planning frame work, which references a change that does not yet affect the City of Toronto, but the planners infer it may soon.

1697893643898.png

I expect comments on the above from @innsertnamehere and @ProjectEnd among others.

This one was just deferred at TEYCC.

Back