Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing the planning documents. Judging by the site compared to 475 Yonge; these towers will end up being pretty slim.

Last edited:
Aw shocks. it isn't 100. Still crazy though with two 72 storey towers, 1100 units and, 950,000 square feet.

Things I'm hoping to see:

Architectural quality/interest.
Good relationship to the street.
A new, fully enclosed, barrier-free (elevator and possibly up escalator) entrance to College Subway station w/removal of the existing sidewalk one.
More space for pedestrians, especially at the corner of Carlton/Yonge, but along the whole Yonge Frontage.
A choice of wider sidewalk w/canopy for streetcar passengers or some indoor waiting space associated w/new TTC entrance.
Funds to spruce up and enlarge the park behind 'The Met' , Joseph Sheard Parkette and McGill Park to the south. (enlarging on to adjacent land on Granby)

No office component? "Feh" in advance of seeing the plans or knowing who is responsible.

Wow 65 floor !
Cool !
I hope the tower will have a world class design!

Last edited:
2 Carlton is a gem.

f1257_s1057_it0727.jpg

^ is that sarcasm? I suppose it's different. But it's really ugly, I've never heard anyone say anything nice about this building until this thread. I like that shoppers drug mart though.

Back