Many condos are still undergoing their finishing touches more than 2 months later. It can take up to a year. Just wait.

Even if the balconies arent painted on their undersides, it will be joining some company - there are several new condo developments with the same exposed concrete.

I agree that the sidewalk is a joke. Lets hope that there is still a lot of improvement there. I have a feeling that it will remain as is until the other 2 condos next door are built, then the entire stretch can be cleaned up... so wait a few years.

Clutter has nothing to do with the development of the building. It is all about condo rules. I have a feeling that there is to be nothing stored on balconies in the condo by-laws, but it comes down to enforcement.

Is the reason why this building has such a huge exposed concrete wall, because there will be another building up close to it?

Exactly.

Is the reason why this building has such a huge exposed concrete wall, because there will be another building up close to it?

If it is built to or close to the property line the Ontario Building Code has very specific rules regarding windows.

If it is built to or close to the property line the Ontario Building Code has very specific rules regarding windows.

This is off topic from 22 Wellesley but an interesting bit about the concrete walls. 145 Wellington St., the small blue glassed building on the S-E corner of Simcoe & Wellington across from the RBC development has a glass curtain on all 4 sides. However, the south facing side (overlooking the parking lot) is covered with mirrored glass despite the fact that no offices inside that wall have windows. They did this to give the appearance of windows/facade even though no windows exist. Why can't this practice or the practice of decorating the concrete wall be used more often?

I always thought concrete walls would make great canvasses for massive artistic murals.

Why can't this practice or the practice of decorating the concrete wall be used more often?

The Met does a great job of this kind of decorative effect on its property line.

You mean like Emporis logos going diagonally across?

Yeah that is annoying but it was the only picture I found that showed the wall. But no, that's now what I mean but I get the point.

Dusting off this old thread.

The building's actually not that bad once you're inside. It's still such a shame about the dead space in front and those thoughtless saps who've got all their crap piled out on their 2nd floor balcony.

For those interested, here's a look at one of the model suites on the west side of the building which are now sold out.

This is on the 6th floor and I liked it a lot. A unique layout and good use of space.

The units on the east side are nothing special but that's all they've got left. (917 sq ft, $400,000, parking $30,000, locker $3500) .

Thanks for the pics. casaguy. I've been in there a few times and was somewhat underwhelmed but I'm just not a fan of exposed concrete on ceilings and walls. Most of the suites are pretty good designs and decent spaces. Hopefully the Board of Directors will get on to people using their balconies as storage lockers. If they're smart they'll try to get the owners on board with converting that wasted lobby lounge to a retail space, perhaps a small store or coffee shop. Then add some green space in front, slap down a few chairs & tables and it'll warm up the front of the building a bit.

Ugh..... Reason #42536 That buildings shouldn't have balconies for EVERY unit...... BALCONY CLUTTER..... Church and wellesly is famous for it..... why is it that people think that putting beach umbrella's out on their balconies is at ALL appropriate?

AUGH, I'm buying at the RITZ next time, NO balconies!
A good condo board will set rules against leaving crap and bikes on balconies.

Are there any plans to develop the large parking lot across the street. It extends all the way to the next street south. The funny thing is, at both ends of the parking lot are pleasant iron-looking gates that say "walkway", but they just lead into the parking lot itself :rolleyes:

Back