If the tallest tower is 213 m that would make it as high as a 70 Storey building if the floor plates we're to be at 3 m or 10 feet. Chances are they'll probably knock off 10 floors per each building making it 55, 42 and 42 stories.

I wonder if North York is beginning to feel short, between this and whats going on at Yonge+Eg.

Rendering for middle tower & podium seems to have changed - looking north on Yonge towards Steeles:

I know there was a public meeting a couple of nights ago. Were you there? Curious what the City and everyone is saying about this.
Perfect corner for a lot of density. But there's a lot of density and A LOT OF DENSITY.

those buildings, especially on the right, on the Toronto side, are amazingly ugly. This is the view just spun around south from that and, man, they can't tear down that Popeye's building too soon.

Whether the scale of the Vaughan development is remotely sensible is the only question. I'm all for some kind of prominent and attractive "gateway" development.

Hopefully will help make the ugly go away.

View attachment 186687

It's a start but it's 99% ugly for about 5 km in both directions. I'm glad for the area but it will be decades before the ugly goes away.... and that's under the assumption that we're not replacing old ugly with new ugly. Traveling down Steeles east to west isn't any better. It's a complete re-do.

Last edited:
New docs up on PlanIt dated July 31, 2019
Phase 1:

Phase 1 + 2 (third tower is 50s):

From the cover letter:
Revised Application
The updated Site Plan, dated June 2019, continues to propose 3 towers: Tower 1 is internal to the Subject Property with a height of 50 storeys, Tower 2 is planned at 56 storeys and is located along Steeles Avenue West, and Tower 3 is planned at 65 storeys and is located at the corner of Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue. A 7-storey podium is proposed along both Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue West and will connect Towers 2 and 3. The conceptual site plan proposes to incorporate the future TTC Steeles Avenue Subway station in the ground floor of the podium which can be accessed directly from Yonge Street and the proposed publicly accessible courtyard.

A total of 1,902 residential units are proposed, which is increased from the initial proposal of 1,890 units. Townhouses are no longer proposed at the base of the podium.

The hotel space has been increased to 15,405 m2 GFA from 14,032 m2 intended to accommodate approximately 228 hotel rooms. To service the various uses, 1,230 parking spaces are proposed in 5 levels of underground parking.

What a beauty these towers ! Something like that in Toronto's waterfront could be impressive. I hope it will be built very quickly. ??

What a beauty these towers ! Something like that in Toronto's waterfront could be impressive. I hope it will be built very quickly. ??
I don't mind these things when they're relegated to the suburbs, but the waterfront? Yeesh.

Lol, everyone here panicking of having someone say they should have a couple of these built on our waterfront :D
Meanwhile whats that going up @ Sugar Wharf?...and what about that shite being built by Daniels?, oh gee i forgot about those two going up @ Bathurst/Lake Shore:eek:

Back