Thanks, I've been wanting to join for a long time actually, just never got around to it.

So I'm wondering, does precast have any advantages to stone (such as the limestone of the original building) other than cost effectiveness?

TDotTeen welcome to the forum.

Thanks, I've been wanting to join for a long time actually, just never got around to it.

So I'm wondering, does precast have any advantages to stone (such as the limestone of the original building) other than cost effectiveness?

Not really. It's much cheaper; that's the attraction.

There are differing qualities of precast, the quality used reflecting a combination of the developer's concern for their reputation, and the price per square foot they charged for the units.

Thanks guys, good to join :)

So I don't really know a lot about Concert Properties, should we expect high quality from them or what? The design of this building is pretty cool in my books - although the original with setbacks was nicer - but it won't look that great if the precast (and the glass for that matter) is cheap looking

scottstreet.jpg

October 10, 2013.

Berczy purchasers are reporting good quality in the real estate thread. Lots of pictures. The building also registered in record time.
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...s-The-(Concert-Properties)-Real-Estate/page33
I would not worry about 88 Scott's quality.

Not to take away from Berczy's impressive reception from purchasers, but I think people here (in the projects/construction section)are more concerned with the quality of the architecture as opposed to the real estate threads, where the quality of the suites, amenities and interior finishes becomes more of a make or break. As 99% of people will never see the inside of this building, the exterior aesthetic is something many of us forumers obsess over.

Many thanks to all the great photographers! As always, the quality of the photos is a high point of any visit to this forum and, indeed, the website.

Back