Apologies if already noted, but are they retaining any of the original structure here? It appears not based on the architecture plans. Even the façades look a bit too beat up to keep to me, but I don't know what is possible in terms of restoration here.
I'm pretty sure the only thing being kept and restored is the chimney stack.

Renderings showing it with bronze/metallic colour base instead of green:

suulin-architects_livework_888_render-street-web.jpg
suulin-architects_livework_888-NE-view-from-POPS.jpg
suulin-architects_livework_888-Nview-alongossington-sidewalk.jpg

Definitely an improvement. Seeing as I'm often complaining about all the grey, I'll take the colour. It's still a bit of a jumbled mess, but at least it's different.

Demolition Updates

Demolition of 888 Dupont Street has now begun

• We expect demolition to be complete by late fall 2023.
  • As we undergo demolition, we’re taking a unique approach. TAS will salvage materials for recycling and repurposing in the new development. This approach respects the site’s history and character while promoting sustainability.

Has exterior demolition started or are they still removing the inside? I can imagine a lot of asbestos in this building.

Mixed feelings about the loss of this building! I had a few close friends live in it, so I've spent a lot of time inside. But oh god was it a terrible space in many respects. No real washrooms in the units, poor sound and heat insulation, vermin, etc, etc. Also, the exterior is hideous. But yeah, a lot of fun times spent inside it.

Cheers to thee, 888 Dupont!

Back