So the Waterfront For All Bathurst Silos update was really well attended and informative.

Silos: They will be finished with exterior restoration in about a month at which point the ground level of the North Silos will be formally handed over to OCAD who will then begin the real work of interior fit-out and initial programming preparation. The one surprise was that the festering barley sludge that has been in the South Silos since 1987 is still there but they are close to figuring out how to deal with the issue.

Park: Work is progressing well and the newest waterfront space should 🤞be ready by September. This includes both the waterfront section and the larger events plaza to the north of the Corleck Centre. Next steps are Silva cells to support the trees going in and then in June carpenters will begin crafting Ash components for decking and seating! An interesting bit of info was that instead of a ribbon-cutting there will be a festival to mark the opening. The opening will also include the launch of the architectural lighting of the Silos thus giving Toronto another nighttime skyline feature!

Corleck Centre: The windows will be installed in a month and then work on the interior will begin in earnest to be ready for a September 2025 opening. Emphasis was made that this is a facility for all groups of the city and maximum flexibility is being built-in.

Pictured below are Brian Bowen from the city, William Peat of the Ireland Foundation and the ubiquitous Ayana Malik, Deputy Mayor. I briefly introduced myself to Mr. Peat and said that I would be interested in arranging lectures/presentations on Irish (North and South) architecture and urban issues and he was very receptive so if anyone is interested in collaborating please message me!

More to come.
IMG_1746.jpeg
IMG_1745.jpeg

IMG_1747.jpeg

Last edited:
So the Waterfront For All Bathurst Silos update was really well attended and informative.

Silos: They will be finished with exterior restoration in about a month at which point the ground level of the North Silos will be formally handed over to OCAD who will then begin the real work of interior fit-out and initial programming preparation. The one surprise was that the festering barley sludge that has been in the South Silos since 1987 is still there but they are close to figuring out how to deal with the issue.

Park: Work is progressing well and the newest waterfront space should 🤞be ready by September. This includes both the waterfront section and the larger events plaza to the north of the Corleck Centre. Next steps are Silva cells to support the trees going in and then in June carpenters will begin crafting Ash components for decking and seating! An interesting bit of info was that instead of a ribbon-cutting there will be a festival to mark the opening. The opening will also include the launch of the architectural lighting of the Silos thus giving Toronto another nighttime skyline feature!

Corleck Centre: The windows will be installed in a month and then work on the interior will begin in earnest to be ready for a September 2025 opening. Emphasis was made that this is a facility for all groups of the city and maximum flexibility is being built-in.

Pictured below are Brian Bowen from the city, William Peat of the Ireland Foundation and the ubiquitous Ayana Malik, Deputy Mayor. I briefly introduced myself to Mr. Peat and said that I would be interested in arranging lectures/presentations on Irish (North and South) architecture and urban issues and he was very receptive so if anyone is interested in collaborating please message me!

More to come. View attachment 562348View attachment 562347

View attachment 562349
Nice to meet you!

You’re like the James Bond of the Industrial heritage restoration world! 🇬🇧🍸🔫

Not that Jason isn't a well traveled sophisticate..............

But so far as I know, he's neither an assassin, or a Ladies Man, LOL

Also, Bond in a Trucker's Cap?

Not that Jason isn't a well traveled sophisticate..............

But so far as I know, he's neither an assassin, or a Ladies Man, LOL

Also, Bond in a Trucker's Cap?

All the Bonds have one... been a wrap party gift since 1962 (Dr. No).

1715199074330.jpeg

Link

I love the subtly shaped concrete. Someone put a twirling baton in the hands of a famine victim statue. Tacky but funny! Also it looks like there is a lot of access work going on around the north silo in preparation for OCAD. Taken 10 May.

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg
IMG_1836.jpeg
IMG_1837.jpeg
IMG_1838.jpeg
IMG_1839.jpeg
IMG_1840.jpeg
IMG_1843.jpeg
IMG_1844.jpeg
IMG_1846.jpeg
IMG_1847.jpeg
IMG_1848.jpeg