The underground configuration seems different from what I've seen previously. In addition to the ECLRT concourse, there appear to be two smaller concourses (I've called them -2, West and -2, East), roughly at the level of Line 1 but not directly connected to it, and with their own fare gates. It seems that the Yonge Eglinton Centre and ePlace complex will connect to these instead of the existing concourse. The entrance at the CIBC on the SE corner is still connected.
View attachment 528054

So someone going from the Yonge Eglinton Centre to Line 1 could:
  • Descend to (-2, West), ascend to the existing concourse, enter the fare gates, and descend to the Line 1 platform
  • Descend to (-2, West), enter the fare gates, descend to the ECLRT concourse, and ascend to the Line 1 platform
I can only assume they've done this because of some issues with utilities under Eglinton Avenue? Because I don't see any other reason for these mini-concourses to exist so deep.

Those Sublevel 2 concourses look optimized for side platforms on Line 1, the walls they put in at the south end of the Line 1 when they shifted the platform north look temporary, and the escalator from the existing concourse to Y&E never was optimal and with the redevelopment will seem out of place. Hopefully all of this is a sign that over time they are going to continue to optimize this station. It would really be interesting to know where all the utilities are running in this diagram because when they built Line 1 they barely put it under the road.

Those Sublevel 2 concourses look optimized for side platforms on Line 1, the walls they put in at the south end of the Line 1 when they shifted the platform north look temporary, and the escalator from the existing concourse to Y&E never was optimal and with the redevelopment will seem out of place.
Agreed, but the fare unpaid zones (and escalators) are on the side closer to Line 1, so they'd either have to add another set of fare gates on the inside, or dig a tunnel around the -2 concourses... They'd also have to move the platform the rest of the way north, or else it would be like Bloor-Yonge.
It would really be interesting to know where all the utilities are running in this diagram because when they built Line 1 they barely put it under the road.
I was looking for other information and found the previous board reports from March 2018 and November 2013. Besides the smaller platform shift and removing a connection from (-2, West) to the buses, they also deleted the tunnel between the NW and NE corners. But the deep mini-concourses already existed. Maybe it's all for accommodating the utilities needed for densification?

2013 plan of the existing concourse and the mini-concourses:
1703314906359.png

Just walked through Y&E, there are ZERO lane restrictions or sidewalk restrictions! Aside from the couple missing sidewalk pavers needed to be poured, it's pretty much back to 100%.
I spoke way too soon.. looks like they're going to do some more digging in the upcoming week for water main connection. Hope they aren't going to tear up a lot of road

South sidewalk of Eglinton, west of Yonge is reopened!View attachment 535608
They couldn't plant a single tree? You can get an entire laneway/garden suite (a housing unit) refused in this city if it requires the removal of one mature tree (because the urban forest is oh so important), but we can't get a single tree planted on a massive/wide sidewalk. The tree protection policies in this city are built on similar NIMBY nonsense as the heritage policies (if the city saves any trees or actual heritage building of value it's merely incidental to the real purpose of both departments, tools in the NIMBY tool belt)

Crosslinx has a lot of faults but come on... is it reasonable to criticize them for not having planted trees in mid-February? The landscaping is coming:

"Ongoing through until approximately late-March 2024, crews at Eglinton Station will be performing landscaping restoration works on Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue. On Eglinton Avenue landscaping restoration activities include planting a mixture of Freeman Maple, Gingko, Kentucky Coffee Tree, and English Oak trees between Duplex Avenue and Holly Street. On Yonge Street landscaping materials include planting Kentucky Coffee Trees, as well a mixture of Karl Foerster Feather Reed Grass, north of Eglinton Avenue."

I spoke way too soon.. looks like they're going to do some more digging in the upcoming week for water main connection. Hope they aren't going to tear up a lot of road

March 13 - As of Wednesday afternoon, all traffic lanes of both Eglinton, east and west bound, and Yonge Street both north and south bound, were open and unimpeded.

Much of the sidewalk in the area was either clear of construction, or what construction was taking place was very localized, in the strips of sidewalk abutting the roadway. In all areas, there was minimal if any impact on the flow of pedestrians. Pictures of the various sidewalk areas follow:

1000003755.jpg

1000003754.jpg

1000003753.jpg

1000003756.jpg

1000003758.jpg

1000003759.jpg

Trenching along sections of the Eglinton south side sidewalks

1000003763.jpg

1000003764.jpg

1000003766.jpg

Attachments

• 1000003773.jpg