I wonder if Metrolinx has considered leasing the air rights at this location. It would be cool if they could infill right across the corridor.

So much for mid July opening and looks like I haven't miss much in the last month or so not visiting it. It was supposed to be the end of May, then in June, first weekend in July and then this weekend or was it last weekend. Aug opening now.

At least when the northbound lanes open for both direction, it will only take a week or 2 to finish off the southbound lanes.

Metrolinx is being held up by this delay, as they have other utilities work to do first before forming the wall and tunnel.

There is no date as to when this overpass will open, as it depends on a number of things. This has set Metrolinx back 6 weeks in finishing off the tunnel.

The first thing that has to happen is having Toronto Hydro to fix the leaning hydro pole carrying power to the building on the corner as well relocate it at the north end. These wires should have been bury in the first place.

The next thing has to be done is having City crew to raise the north intersection 6-12 inches so the rest of the road can be built and pave.

Once this done, the one lane of traffic in each direction will move to their new lanes on the right hand side of the photo above since it already built for single lanes. Not sure on bike lanes, but expect they are in the picture.

Then the city has to close the bypass road and rebuilt the south intersection as much as 2-3 feet for the new off ramp that is left of the concrete patch shown in the photo.

Until Metrolinx gains control of the bypass road, they have removed the ramp to the tunnel and will excavate the area right up to the bypass on the west side. The east side has been done. Once they gain control of the bypass, there will be only a small section to excavate and then starting on the duct bank and the wall.

Toronto Hydro delay this road by 2 weeks by not getting crews out to deal with various lives wires that stop the construction. Don't know of a project where hydro hasn't screw up a project so far and another for the books.

This work has to be fully completed by Aug 20 in time for the opening of the EX. 4 weeks and counting until then.

There is no date as to when this overpass will open, as it depends on a number of things. This has set Metrolinx back 6 weeks in finishing off the tunnel.

The first thing that has to happen is having Toronto Hydro to fix the leaning hydro pole carrying power to the building on the corner as well relocate it at the north end. These wires should have been bury in the first place.

The next thing has to be done is having City crew to raise the north intersection 6-12 inches so the rest of the road can be built and pave.

Once this done, the one lane of traffic in each direction will move to their new lanes on the right hand side of the photo above since it already built for single lanes. Not sure on bike lanes, but expect they are in the picture.

Then the city has to close the bypass road and rebuilt the south intersection as much as 2-3 feet for the new off ramp that is left of the concrete patch shown in the photo.

Until Metrolinx gains control of the bypass road, they have removed the ramp to the tunnel and will excavate the area right up to the bypass on the west side. The east side has been done. Once they gain control of the bypass, there will be only a small section to excavate and then starting on the duct bank and the wall.

Toronto Hydro delay this road by 2 weeks by not getting crews out to deal with various lives wires that stop the construction. Don't know of a project where hydro hasn't screw up a project so far and another for the books.

This work has to be fully completed by Aug 20 in time for the opening of the EX. 4 weeks and counting until then.

Does the city keep a consolidated list of delays and who caused them? Maybe someone should start keeping an excel spreadsheet on the "trouble makers" and publish it to a major newspaper or something...

Does anyone know what's going to happen to the bypass road and, and the lands around them, when the new bridge opens?

Does the city keep a consolidated list of delays and who caused them? Maybe someone should start keeping an excel spreadsheet on the "trouble makers" and publish it to a major newspaper or something...
From my experience on several City projects the absolutely worst people to deal with are Toronto Hydro. (Constantly changing cost estimates, constantly postponed deadlines etc etc.) Odd since they area City-owned corporation.

From my experience on several City projects the absolutely worst people to deal with are Toronto Hydro. (Constantly changing cost estimates, constantly postponed deadlines etc etc.) Odd since they area City-owned corporation.

Remember St. Clair and Queen's Quay?

AoD

Note to the moderator - there is no link to this page from the database page.

Pics taken August 15, 2014

Overpass recently opened.

OAnyYIa.jpg

wkr1Xpw.jpg

5TzfKsl.jpg

Note to the moderator - there is no link to this page from the database page.

Pics taken August 15, 2014

Overpass recently opened.

Nice.

Now what's all that activity for on the old bypass bridge?

Also, does anyone know if this new bridge will be only 1 lane both ways? That is insufficient for the vehicle volume in this area.

Last edited:
Nice.

Now what's all that activity for on the old bypass bridge?

Also, does anyone know if this new bridge will be only 1 lane both ways? That is insufficient for the vehicle volume in this area.

Tip to a new member (firstly, welcome) immediately reposting images in a reply like that is outside the rules here....I only found out about it by doing so accidentally and was asked to sit things out for a while.

I don't think there is a hard rule about how far down a discussion you have to be to re-post the images but in a direct reply right after like above I don't think the mods are too keen on it.

Tip to a new member (firstly, welcome) immediately reposting images in a reply like that is outside the rules here....I only found out about it by doing so accidentally and was asked to sit things out for a while.

I don't think there is a hard rule about how far down a discussion you have to be to re-post the images but in a direct reply right after like above I don't think the mods are too keen on it.

Thanks for the tip! I edited my post to remove the re-post of the images.

Same here. Felt like being taken out back and being shot. Luckily, it was a only a flesh wound. Came back fine and healed a week later. Definitely not a slap on the wrist.

Back