First time I've seen somebody onsite doing work for several weeks. Hopefully we will see more activity going forward.

1715266012902.jpeg

so we are going to have a forest of these bland, repetitive and rather tall buildings blocking out the entire waterfront / views from the water now? Menkes needs to be stopped because they are an absolute blight on the cityscape.
Genuinely curious - blocking views of what? From anywhere except right on the waterfront, I'm too short to see the water from anywhere in TO now, and from the island looking towards land, I already just see a forest of buildings. Except for the CN Tower & Rogers Centre/SkyDome combo (which are arguably the most recognized bit), which buildings are you worried will be blocked?

Genuinely curious - blocking views of what? From anywhere except right on the waterfront, I'm too short to see the water from anywhere in TO now, and from the island looking towards land, I already just see a forest of buildings. Except for the CN Tower & Rogers Centre/SkyDome combo (which are arguably the most recognized bit), which buildings are you worried will be blocked?
It's more that these will become the face of the city for decades to come and they are very underwhelming and bland. Like a wall of mediocrity blocking out the old city from the lake. Personally I like the old skyline better, despite how desolate this area used to be.

The longer these don't exist the better.

It's more that these will become the face of the city for decades to come and they are very underwhelming and bland. Like a wall of mediocrity blocking out the old city from the lake. Personally I like the old skyline better, despite how desolate this area used to be.

The longer these don't exist the better.
They’re damn ugly, at least they should come up with something really interesting and good looking for the face of the city, than these two stupid white columns 🤦

Back