Shot tonight on my way to the UT pub meet.

e7dG0.jpg

4gXr1.jpg

It was nice to meet everyone who showed up. Some great conversation all around.

The massing definitely is just right, wished though that the windows were narrower to fit the vernacular a bit better.

I know that my posts generally repeat the same five things on here, but whatever: that first shot is still more proof that St. Lawrence Market is the best neighborhood in Toronto. Unbelievable views.

Anyone know why the south side windows would be framed during original blocking.....then blocked in less than a month later?... Visible on the same day historic bricks make a return to the project.

South windows are framed Nov 14, 2012 a.jpg
South windows now blocked in Dec 2012.jpg
Re-Used bricking begins Dec 2012.jpg

Attachments

• South windows are framed Nov 14, 2012 a.jpg
    South windows are framed Nov 14, 2012 a.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 332
  • South windows now blocked in Dec 2012.jpg
    South windows now blocked in Dec 2012.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 328
  • Re-Used bricking begins Dec 2012.jpg
    Re-Used bricking begins Dec 2012.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 323
Anyone know why the south side windows would be framed during original blocking.....then blocked in less than a month later?... Visible on the same day historic bricks make a return to the project.

Maybe because they were not allowed under the Building Code - too close to neighbours to the south??(I think the 'laneway" immediately to south does not belong to the Berczy site. Certainly a bit odd.

Well there were certainly windows on the south side originally --as attached, and if the requirement for 6 Church was restoration?....then someone missed the memo

Oct 26 2010 c.jpg

Attachments

• Oct 26 2010 c.jpg
    Oct 26 2010 c.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 554
Well there were certainly windows on the south side originally --as attached, and if the requirement for 6 Church was restoration?....then someone missed the memo

View attachment 9846

That is strange. Does anyone know if those corner units had windows in the layout plans?

EDIT - Scratch that. I looked up the layouts and they never included windows. Must have been a construction error with the blueprints.

Last edited:
Well there were certainly windows on the south side originally --as attached, and if the requirement for 6 Church was restoration?....then someone missed the memo.
A restoration is not a reconstruction and I suspect that the current building code may forbid windows on a wall against which the adjacent owner might, one day, be able to build a building. The original plans for the site included the incorporation of the Fionn MacCool building (immediately to the south at corner of The Esplanade) and from memory I think there was supposed to be a solid street-wall (with a link through to Scott Lane (which is still feasible if other buildings are developed in the future.)

Nov. 13, 2012 - The Berczy is now starting to make its presence known (from the east).

IMG_0507.jpg

I know you’ve heard this before Razz but you really do have an excellent view.

Friday afternoon from the L Tower crane.

0261.jpg

Everytime I see this project I can't stop thinking about how perfect this is for this corner and this neighbourhood.

I agree. This one fits its entire surroundings perfectly. Very well thought out. I believe its going turn out better then its rendering.

That is strange. Does anyone know if those corner units had windows in the layout plans?

EDIT - Scratch that. I looked up the layouts and they never included windows. Must have been a construction error with the blueprints.

You have the suite layouts?!
I've backtracked through the history of posts hoping I could look at them again. No luck.
I know the project was sold out from the get go, but I would love to peruse through them out of interest.
Any chance of you posting them?
Would be greatly appreciated.

Back