BpUegDFIgAA2YA2.jpg

source: https://mobile.twitter.com/meredithmacleod/status/474318872120930304

You can also check out a 360° view of the lobby

http://photosynth.net/view/e5e203ae-9ece-424f-9f98-ee033c292ce4

Attachments

• BpUegDFIgAA2YA2.jpg
    BpUegDFIgAA2YA2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,219
"Phase 1 is 80% sold, with 25% to 30% of purchasers coming from Toronto, people who are “starting to hear about the renaissance in Hamilton,” Mr. Spallacci says."

The only thing they are hearing is that Toronto is too expensive and they can find cheaper in Hamilton. Best thing to happen to Hamilton in a long time.

pretty impressive images above ... looks like quite an exemplary project

pretty impressive images above ... looks like quite an exemplary project

I am excited to see so much development in my adopted home town, but if the recent projects in the Hammer are any indication, I am concerned about the quality and materials they will be using for the Connaught additions, particularly the tower. Hamilton still seems to be living in the early 2000s when it comes to the architectural style and quality of recent projects. The two new Downtown hotels that popped up in the last few years look like they belong off a New Jersey turnpike.

Recent-ish photos (late June).
16430-54996.jpg
16430-54997.jpg

interior lobby looked the same as the 2014 shots earlier in the thread, still nice though.

Attachments

• 16430-54996.jpg
    16430-54996.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 650
  • 16430-54997.jpg
    16430-54997.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 606
Last edited by a moderator:
They have begun to install windows on the western facade. Woohoo! Gooooo Hamilton!
CUXF6HOWsAEBTmP.jpg

From twitter user @bradmachry

Mods, the forum link at Urban Toronto is sending users to the Skyrise Cities page for this project, for some reason. Don't know if its intentional, but I haven't seen it before.

the forum link at Urban Toronto is sending users to the Skyrise Cities

Thanks, @innsertnamehere! This is intentional, there a few threads that do this now. Basically, threads are linked to database entries for their respective projects, and so extra-Toronto projects live in the extra-Toronto (global) Database and Forum now. Most of the threads that were moved are more obvious (like NYC), but there are a couple new Hamilton projects that now live in the Hamilton Forum with permanent redirects in their old Toronto homes.

Back