I always love seeing X from afar, but wow, I forgot what an EXPERIENCE it is to see in person up-close. I can't say that about just about any other condo in Toronto... but it's honestly such a dramatic building up-close, and X2 is shaping up to complement it very nicely. Also, the inclusion/retainment of mature trees in both phases makes a world of difference. The landscaping and greenery along with the modern uniform aesthetic of the X project is a beautiful juxtaposition.

Here are some pics from today (including a couple of X):

SISPdD5.jpg

2IbHpli.jpg

xxhUHil.jpg

jhK0bnf.jpg

pTbyUxe.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Really looking awesome. I don't get out here all that often, but I was just thinking how I'd love these to have been built in South Core. I know that's selfish of me, but I'd get to see them everyday if that were the case ;)

Thank for the pics, RM.

Wow! Really looking awesome. I don't get out here all that often, but I was just thinking how I'd love these to have been built in South Core. I know that's selfish of me, but I'd get to see them everyday if that were the case ;)

Thank for the pics, RM.

I totally agree with you, wish they could replace the INFINITY towers?

YES! That's exactly where I was thinking of...and the Infinity buildings could have been located in the Fort York neighbourhood; because I think that they'd fit in more appropriately there.

Since this is purely fantasy, I will have to make my way up to Charles Street more often to appreciated the X buildings where they are actually located. I had just wished that they were in a more prominent location to show them off more. Not every building going up in our city is grey or boring. We do have some stellar projects, like these two.

Last edited:

Thank for the pics, RM.

Well, the TD Centre isn't that far from the South Core :p

^^ How a building half a km to the north could possibly effect the feel of Bremner is beyond me. That's like saying St. Jamestown feels high end because of its proximity to Rosedale.

Thank for the pics, RM.

Southcore desperately needed something like this. Our last chance to counter all that glass in SC is 45 Bay, but I'm not optimistic.

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking. Having any more TDesque towers in that area would be severe overkill.

With all due respect to the X towers, which I think are awesome residential buildings, they are not really in the same league as the striking and dramatic TD Centre nor should they have to be...so I had no fear in relocating them down in South Core. I think that they would have been complementary in the same skyline and break up all the glass down here. Again, it's just my fantasy...:p

Back