8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
DSC_0853.jpg

I was talking about this. It starts at HMV and leads all the way to Gerrard. It is asphalt and so very attractive at that. Let's hope they are planning to redo this sidewalk sometime soon.

That's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks for posting.

^ Got cross-checked by the bigger, meaner Tim. Tim Horton.

I remember the trailer (from the CNE) there for one half of a summer. Was it 2005? I don't remember it doing that great.

Tiny *Tom*.

It seems like I encountered Tiny Tom's presence somewhere else lately--was it the Roncy street festival or something? Works best as something transient rather than something permanent...

Tiny Tom is ALL OVER the CNE.

back to the sidewalks - I am sure they will be replaced in time. Last night more sidewalks were being cut up just south of Gerrard. I wonder if this has to do with utility upgrades to the area now that TLS is nearing completion. The city may have had to bury new power lines? Or something along those lines....

They are digging up Yonge street to accommodate wiring for new street lighting being installed later this year.

When will new signs be hoisted on Metropolis?! Everything takes so long!

They have really lazy sales reps. :) ( like me!)

If they had sold advertising, the brackets on the building would at least be assembled. They are not, and they have to do that first before the mobile crane can come on scene with new signs.

As for your second point about narrowing Yonge, I agree. I think Yonge from College to Queens Quay should be narrowed and enhanced with a tree line. The sections from Gerrard south should have wide side walks and the section from College-to Gerrard should be left as-is and the right lanes used as is. And if it proves to be a success duplicate the effort south of the Church/Yonge intersection.

That would suck. Turning the city's premier thoroughfare into a puny 2-lane street would make it look retarded!

I don't understand the Toronto infatuation with shrinking down all our main streets. TO is the city that can least afford to narrow its streets, given the narrowness of them allready. Besides, width and traffic are what gives major streets their character.

I'm not sure if it is prep for a sign or just construction related work, but crews were working on the signage section of the building that is seen by south-bound drivers along Yonge. That section, a narrow slip will also have signage. Maybe it will be next place to get a sign.

That would suck. Turning the city's premier thoroughfare into a puny 2-lane street would make it look retarded!

I don't understand the Toronto infatuation with shrinking down all our main streets. TO is the city that can least afford to narrow its streets, given the narrowness of them allready. Besides, width and traffic are what gives major streets their character.
I think Yonge would be a good candidate for a lane reduction. There seems to be far more pedestrian traffic than vehicular. Make Yonge 2 lanes, add some trees and enhance the sidewalks. They're brutal to walk on.

I think Yonge would be a good candidate for a lane reduction. There seems to be far more pedestrian traffic than vehicular. Make Yonge 2 lanes, add some trees and enhance the sidewalks. They're brutal to walk on.

Then where would be put all the parades and spontaneous Stanley Cup celebrations?

Back