News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed after the Gomeshi complainants testified we got to see their police interviews. Does the same thing apply to rat face's trial? Will we get to watch interviews with the Bassos, etc?

I noticed after the Gomeshi complainants testified we got to see their police interviews. Does the same thing apply to rat face's trial? Will we get to watch interviews with the Bassos, etc?

Perhaps not, if it was not presented as evidence in the courtroom; and based on my experience at Lisi's pretrial, I don't believe the Crown presented any police interviews, although they certainly used those interviews and the other evidence obtained in their examination of the witnesses. What a person testifies to in court is what counts.

What I can say is that anyone who attended the pre-trial and who could convince the judge that he or she had a legitimate right to access the evidence presented in court is now in possession of a copy of all of that evidence, and it will be widely distributed the moment the publication ban is lifted, which I assume will occur as each piece is presented in court, or—if it's not a jury trial—the moment the trial begins.

Perhaps not, if it was not presented as evidence in the courtroom; and based on my experience at Lisi's pretrial, I don't believe the Crown presented any police interviews, although they certainly used those interviews and the other evidence obtained in their examination of the witnesses. What a person testifies to in court is what counts.

What I can say is that anyone who attended the pre-trial and who could convince the judge that he or she had a legitimate right to access the evidence presented in court is now in possession of a copy of all of that evidence, and it will be widely distributed the moment the publication ban is lifted, which I assume will occur as each piece is presented in court, or—if it's not a jury trial—the moment the trial begins.
Ah, so we only get to see stuff that's played at the trial? So I guess the police interviews were played at Gomeshi's?

Like I said, Jimmi, I'm only guessing.

One further point, though, is that we'll likely get to see everything presented at Lisi's preliminary trial, even if the Crown doesn't use it the next time around.

So here's another guess, maybe those Ghomeshi-related interviews were presented at his preliminary trial so that the witnesses didn't need to testify in court any more than needed. Remember, the rules of preliminary trials aren't as rigorous as those of full trials.

The Rob Ford burger sounds like it'd give you a coronary on the spot!

It actually sounds pretty good, although probably something you might want to eat once a year at most. I don't find the combination of toppings has the right degree of Fordian lack of self-control. Maybe it should include:

-greasy roast chicken
-handful of McD's fries
-super-fresh sliced tomatoes added at the very last second
-vodka-Gatorade sauce

More Ford-ish words from the Donald today:

Screen shot 2016-02-09 at 12.46.42 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-09 at 12.46.42 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-09 at 12.46.42 PM.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 505
Beyoncé wins the Super Bowl! Wonder if Robbie caught the game. Imagine, as Jimmy K put it, inciting (black) men to violence at a football game, in leather and lycra no less. If Robbie wasn't licking his lips and wigglin' his hips at halftime, well, God bless the poor lad.

Rob has been super quiet lately. Could he have stopped getting treatment and is just enjoying time with his family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back