News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Renata is stoned. She's blowing kisses to the crowd, and reacting strangely to the honour guard's commands, as if she things she needs to stand up straight when he shouts at her.

It's probably serving as a periodic reminder that, oh yeah, it's a funeral - better smarten up a little (I would have said sober up, but, y'know ...).

CP24 is on in the kitchen at work and I think I can hear bagpipes.

It's probably serving as a periodic reminder that, oh yeah, it's a funeral - better smarten up a little (I would have said sober up, but, y'know ...).

CP24 is on in the kitchen at work and I think I can hear bagpipes.

Bagpipes are playing and the talking head on CP24 is waxing about how the "people of Toronto loved Rob Ford" etc...They also have an aerial camera capturing the hordes of rubberneckers/mourners.

It's so gross.

Who else would pay for it? It wasn't like he got any regard for the taxpayers given his meagre output anyways.

AoD
Hopefully someone will add up the cost to the little guy, taxpayers (FordNation) and the Elitists of course of the Ford spectacle theses last three days, and several years of neglect. Perhaps force them to read it and comprehend before next election rolls around.

In spite of the FN hatred of elites it is interesting to see how they love to worship the blatantly elitist, millionaire Ford clan, what a joke and such a disgrace to Toronto and Canada as once more RF has made us the laughing stock of the world at least until Trump becomes president in US and focus changes.

Couldn't help but think of RF " hug a thug" statement as I watched the " hug a Doug" carry on these last 2 days, bet he will have a sore back from stooping over all the loving " folks" and carrying the weight of that now much bigger head!

I sure do not understand that family wanting to be on public display when they should be wanting privacy to grieve and having the children speak at funeral is surely just playing to the cute factor for political gain, not for the benefit of the children who know no better!

I sure do not understand the city decision makers allowing and encouraging all this spectacle but no doubt a bit of political brown nosing to the F N types, hoping for more votes next election time assumably.

The handing out of Ford Nation flags will assumably continue for the parade and funeral service today. Morally repugnant/ unsuitable but will guarantee there will be Fords dominating city council for years to come.

Also I fully expect, given the nicey nice change in attitude apparent in Toronto city council due to Robs death / sainthood that they will now take the politically expedient way and appoint Doug to take RF place, no election needed! Bets anyone?

A friend of mine suggested that if anything has to be named for Ford, it should be Highway 27. I'd hate for anything to be named for that man, but it's pretty much inevitable, sadly.

But Highway 27? That might be the best option. Here's why:
  • It runs through part of Ward 2
  • There are almost no addresses on that roadway, making it cost-effective and minimally diruptive
  • No one lives on that road
  • Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from most of it. Ford would like that.
  • It's still a provincially-maintained highway, designated Highway 27, from the Eglinton-401-427 interchange to just south of Dixon Road. The MTO wouldn't have to replace any signage.
I vote for Greensboro Drive. Less than ten buildings - two are Deco. Dead end. Fords can foot the bill for any expense due to an address change - is there any huge expense associated with this? Seems like it would all be...printing!

I vote for Greensboro Drive. Less than ten buildings - two are Deco. Dead end. Fords can foot the bill for any expense due to an address change - is there any huge expense associated with this? Seems like it would all be...printing!
And the road was recently refinished...

You will always find people to "validate" crazy stories and ideas. Hence the reason Ford is a demigod to a certain segment of Toronto.

But it doesn't mean the ideas aren't batsheet insane.

Answer me this (because even the link doesn't answer it): Why? Why would Ford fake his death? What would the point be? He's pretty much gotten off scott-free of every bad thing he's done; he has nothing to hide from. He has money. He has popularity. He has his own little fiefdom. There aren't angry mobs at the palace doors waiting to string him up in town square. The worst thing in his future would be testifying at someone else's trial that might embarrass him a bit (he really has little shame). Hardly worth eschewing everything for.

And again, with all conspiracy theories, there are vast numbers of people who'd have to be bought off or in the loop for everything to come to fruition. Every doctor, nurse and orderly at the hospital who dealt with him after his death. The morgue and morticians. His family. Death records faked. Life insurance policies faked. Estate transfer faked. Credit cards, bank accounts, tax filings… All of this fraud for what? To escape a public eye he loved so much?

C'mon.

Yup, looks like every funeral I've ever been to:

ford-mourners-wait-with-rip-sign.jpg

Doug Ford Sr. was buried out of a United church and Renata is Catholic....so Anglican church other than size makes no sense. Who am I kidding none of this makes sense.

Well, United Church kinda falls under 'not really anything/it's all good', so that would make sense, sort of, but I guess they don't have a flashy-enough looking church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back