News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the thread, someone humorously suggested that Wynne might find herself pelted with rotten tomatoes by the Ford fanboys if she were to actually put an appearance in at the political rally, er, funeral. And you know what? As far as I'm concerned, if something like that did happen, it would serve her bloody well right. She has no business being there. None. Any more than Tory did in pimping out City Hall to the Fords yet again. Fuck them both.
Toronto is the capital of Ontario so Wynne didn't have a choice unfortunately.

The last shebang at the Congress Centre tonight - then what? Ford Nation might be a good thread title.
I still like Fords Folies.

The Ford Family seems intent on continuing to torture Toronto, so how about FoFam's Toronto?

Said who? For reporting purposes, it's probably acceptable - just like live cameras and whatnot, so long as it is not disruptive. That's for journalists - I am not so sure if flag waving, selfies or not taking one's hat off for anyone else is acceptable on the other hand.

AoD

For reporting purposes, yes. But even then - do we need people using their phones during a funeral?

I saw part of Doug's speech where he said something about "respect for taxpayers" and some other campaign BS. I don't think nauseating even begins to describe it.

SAL spent the service in quiet contemplation of RF, tweeting in her master's voice--

goldsbie1:30pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
"I think I'm gonna outlive you unless you lose a few pounds," Sue-Ann Levy says to me, re:

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
@SueAnnLevy As a sometime colleague, I would attend your funeral.

For reporting purposes, yes. But even then - do we need people using their phones during a funeral?

I think funerary protocol will have to evolve - at least for reporters. If you can allow cameras, allowing other non-distracting devices for legitimate reporting purposes is only natural.

On the bright side, it's only a matter of time before typing as an interface becomes obsolete.

AoD

Here's how it should have gone:
Rob Ford dies
Doug Ford asks for privacy
Rob Ford's funeral is held privately for family and personal friends
Doug Ford thanks the citizens of Toronto for respecting the family's privacy
The city of Toronto goes back to thinking of all Fords as something they park in their driveways.

Toronto is the capital of Ontario so Wynne didn't have a choice unfortunately.
sure she had a choice, but she would've been skewered if she didn't go. Bill Blair was invited but had the good sense to stay away (or was otherwise engaged).

Was Don Cherry there, by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back