News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they should outsource the funeral and get GfL to do it. Like honestly as @pattycakes said, you can't even get a private one for $1,000 - and doesn't Doug know how much staffing, much less policing costs? He's been a councillor as far as I know.

The funny thing is, if one is going to allow a public memorial (which in this case is arguable, but let's suppose it is justifiable), you really shouldn't be nickle and dimeing that it cost 20K - because of its' public nature and quite frankly, it isn't all that much considering the amount of work required for these things.

AoD

Only the Ford family would quibble and mention the $1000. estimate. Doug's trying to make it sound like the Gravy Train was running through the rotunda for Rob's repose. They should have used Simple Alternative just like us common folk. Cardboard box, cremation, done.

Of course they planned on paying for it. How long before we find out about the police costs?

CfMvsS3XIAAanrf.jpg:large

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 1h1 hour ago
Ford family statement about the nearly $19K spent by the city on Rob Ford's lying in repose & funeral #topoli

The cost of all those officers can't have been cheap...

Only the Ford family would quibble and mention the $1000. estimate. Doug's trying to make it sound like the Gravy Train was running through the rotunda for Rob's repose. They should have used Simple Alternative just like us common folk. Cardboard box, cremation, done.

Le Cirque does cost money afterall. No mention the cost of that reception up at congress centre - I bet it won't be all that cheap.

Let's not forget who requested that "state" funeral in the first place.

AoD

Last edited:
Mammo needs the spotlight the way an army needs toilet paper...

Are you saying that the army is just full of shit? ;)

I have in my experience have never seen any preparation and/or funeral >= $1000; however, there is always a choice of a shallow grave with a poly-bag for the body.

The Ford family will get a CPP death benefit of $2,500 (taxable). That is something most Canadians will get.

The bad news that it hasn't been adjusted for inflation since its inception. My parents and brother died in different decades, and they got the exact same amount. $2,500 would have paid for an inexpensive funeral in the 1970's, today maybe a cremation urn.

Of course they planned on paying for it. How long before we find out about the police costs?

CfMvsS3XIAAanrf.jpg:large

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 1h1 hour ago
Ford family statement about the nearly $19K spent by the city on Rob Ford's lying in repose & funeral #topoli

Under $1,000? On what planet? They opened a public building on a holiday (delaying scheduled maintenance), provided security and staff for two days and closed roads in the downtown core on a weekday morning. I'm surprised it's ONLY $18,000. And I'm guessing that doesn't even include any policing costs, although I suppose some of the unofficial duties (honour guard, parade marching) could've been voluntary?

One has to wonder what kind of break the Fords get in renting venues and catering for Ford Nation to think that all the City provided for Rob's repose would be less than a grand. Wonder what the St. James bill will come to?:eek:

Saying that they believed it would be under $1,000 was a little disingenuous, no?
They probably forgot to add a zero like they forgot that the comma should not be confused with a period.
Screenshot_3.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 513
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back