News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is anyone else reading about the Star reporter who committed suicide? Seems that Warmington and Levy are giddy over it. I feel awful for the reporter, Raveena Aulakh, and her family and friends who are having to deal with all this crap. Other media outlets reported it (Frank, NP), Warmington re-tweeted it and then tweeted this:

Joe Warmington ‏@joe_warmington 12h12 hours ago

in Starbucks Star building at 1 Yonge working on story on secret death of @RaveenaAulakh if any @TorontoStar types want 2 pay tribute 2 her

I am surprised he didn't get his ass kicked after writing that, considering how volatile this subject is. Of course SAL then jumped in and made it all about Robbie and how the Star treated him so badly.

No-win situation for The Star. The lady (Raveena) clearly stated she didn't want to be written about, didn't want an obit. Maybe the Star employees who leaked all this did so because they felt that concerns she'd raised about workplace issues in her final emails would be swept under the rug. But if the Star had written "we regret to report that our enviro reporter has taken her own life, but we are going to respect her and her family's wishes for privacy..." people would've screamed "cover-up!" and the rumours and speculation would have been... well, at least as bad as the truth.

I make a distinction between workplace harassment and workplace relationships that end up a in a mess. If there are genuine harassment issues, then that is a matter of public interest. But people will be people; they will fall in love/lust with others, and no "policy" can stop that part of human nature.

No-win situation for The Star. The lady (Raveena) clearly stated she didn't want to be written about, didn't want an obit. Maybe the Star employees who leaked all this did so because they felt that concerns she'd raised about workplace issues in her final emails would be swept under the rug. But if the Star had written "we regret to report that our enviro reporter has taken her own life, but we are going to respect her and her family's wishes for privacy..." people would've screamed "cover-up!" and the rumours and speculation would have been... well, at least as bad as the truth.

I make a distinction between workplace harassment and workplace relationships that end up a in a mess. If there are genuine harassment issues, then that is a matter of public interest. But people will be people; they will fall in love/lust with others, and no "policy" can stop that part of human nature.

Nothing has been determined or investigated yet and here's dopey old Joe crying cover-up and saying he needs to see the suicide note left by his 'friend' Raveena. Who meant so much to him that he never, ever mentioned her before. Maybe things are really rotten at the Star but Joe is just grasping at things to write about and make the Star look bad if he can.

Lisi's in court this morning to see if his trial's still on. I heard through the grapevine that cops were scrambling after Ford died. They sort of restarted their investigation to strengthen their case.

Is it possible Graeme would have been called to testify?

Even if the reporter hadn't requested this be kept quiet I thought media always kept suicides hush hush unless it's a celebrity or there's some extraordinary circumstance.

This really is an extension of the nasty battle over Ford. Warmington wants payback. He even seems to be suggesting her death was foul play. It's a stain on Toronto that he's a columnist in one of the city's major newspapers.

What's strange is not a week goes by where SAL doesn't use Ford to shame people.

I recall she and her paper turned on him too--she even called him an oaf or buffoon in one of her columns.

It's another lasting Ford legacy--kooks on the right think they have the moral high ground now because of how Rob was treated. As if they would've respected David Miller's privacy is he'd smoked crack with gangs while in office lol.

The Star has addressed some of it in an editorial today. While I'm not a big fan of Rosie's, I hope she wipes the floor with Wormington. He's beyond repugnant.

I think the whole case is about to disappear. Poof.
If this goes to trial, it will just remind everyone that Rob Fucking Ford and his band of idiots ran circles around TPS. Not going to happen. At least not while Diane's dating a retired judge. :D
I agree. I hear cops are desperate. If they can't dig up any new evidence they'll come up with some slap on the wrist settlement rather than be embarrassed at trial.

It's another lasting Ford legacy--kooks on the right think they have the moral high ground now because of how Rob was treated. As if they would've respected David Miller's privacy is he'd smoked crack with gangs while in office lol.

Well, just look at how they've respected Giambrone's "privacy" (not that he really deserved it, given his position).

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back