Parasuco (a clothing store) will be the retailer in the retail space between the two heritage buildings.
They were supposed to develop the property as a Parasuco branded hotel a long time ago, but that never was brought to fruition.

Parasuco (a clothing store) will be the retailer in the retail space between the two heritage buildings.
They were supposed to develop the property as a Parasuco branded hotel a long time ago, but that never was brought to fruition.
Ya, I don't see that happening. Even if it did, it would be gone within a year.

All of Yonge Street from Bloor to Union looks bleak. It's the dumpiest and most pedestrian unfriendly street in the city.

Visitors generally have a positive view of Yonge Street and enjoy its many, lively faces. E.g., YD Square is perceived as Toronto's Times Square (certainly not as large, but absolutely just as comparatively vibrant for its size during the warmer seasons); the College intersection which will soon be home to thousands more people once all the scrapers are built; Ryerson U, financial district, and of course, the corner anchored by the venerable Hockey Hall of Fame, Sony Centre and who-could-forget Movenpeck Marche with its many yummy offerings.

In terms of "unfriendliness"; I've noticed in successive visits in the past few years that the City has come to remind me - mind you to a far lesser degree - of NYC before 9/11 when folks were just rude. After 9/11, you felt genuine "love" among neighbors, but that's kind of fading. Adversity has a way of bringing people together. I think Toronto took a change for the worse after the 2010 G20 Summit when some of the massive police force acted more like thugs than protectors, not to mention all the anarchists who traumatized the City, which prompted the police reaction...oh what a mess it was. Anyhow, I just hope Toronto regains its former association to "the Good", and "NY ran by the Swiss".

All of Yonge Street from Bloor to Union looks bleak. It's the dumpiest and most pedestrian unfriendly street in the city.

I've been walking, ( and driving ), this street for many years, and it's quite the slice of Toronto with many flavours. It may not suit everyone's palate , but it is a helluva interesting fusion. I'd say that I love it a little more than hate it.

"All of Yonge" south of Bloor looks bleak and dumpy? That's a gross exaggeration. There is much to criticize, but much to celebrate.

As for the suggestion that it is the "most pedestrian unfriendly street in the city", it isn't even in the top 100. While I am usually among the first on these forums to complain how this city treats pedestrians, and can think of numerous ways in which Yonge could be made more pedestrian friendly, there are whole swaths of this city where most of the streets are practically off limits to pedestrians. Calling Yonge the worst pedestrian street in the city is just hysterical hyperbole.

Yonge Street definitely is dumpy but not bleak.

IMO look at Bay just south of Bloor up to City Hall. Lots of development, but it's emptier than Yonge.

And yet, business thrives along the stretch. Maybe opinions don't matter.

It's not hard to thrive when you're located on a major pedestrian thoroughfare through downtown. Those businesses essentially have a captive market.

Back