One of those 2011 proposals included an underground GO tunnel under Queen from Don River to Parkdale with interchanges at Queen and at Osgoode.

Could make for this city’s Crossrail.

It would be nice if there were official documents. So, if there is any official documents that give us proposed information, please post that. Otherwise, we are all speculating and fantasizing.

Not at all. Many millions are currently being spent deciding where, when and so forth. Very much underway. Now does that mean its 100% a done deal? No but certainly a good sign that it is. There's a provincial election this year. Expect this and the Richmond Hill extension to be announced during the campaign. And then you will have what you are asking for.

QUOTE="AlvinofDiaspar, post: 1293954, member: 5"]As official as it gets - http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2017.EX25.1

AoD[/QUOTE]

Still nothing firm, but we now know a few things from here:

8. City Council request the City Manager to consider the following in the preparation of the report to City Council on the business case for the Relief Line North:
a. renaming the Downtown Relief Line North to the Don Mills Subway Line;
b. building a subway or LRT as part of the Don Mills line, both at grade where possible and below grade where necessary;
c. a robust community consultation, communications and stakeholder relations plan, developed as part of planning the Don Mills line, to be developed by a third party consultant in consultation with City and Toronto Transit Commission staff and local Councillors; and
d. extending the Don Mills line north to the Sheppard subway line.

So, we know a name change may happen. We know that it could be an LRT or Subway. We know it will be built to the Sheppard line.

Nothing is ever "firm" in Toronto until it is open, but this is a pretty clear indication what the current proposal will be like. And much of the council directed "considerations" are BS for posturing purposes.

AoD

I think he wants the environment assessment and detailed preliminary plans from the future.

He will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think michael_can’s desire for more certainty about the RL stems from the fact that we have been talking talking talking, and more talking about this line for decades now. Meanwhile, riders of Line 1 are being packed into trains like sardines and we are building white elephant lines to the suburbs. It’s sickening and speaks to the total ineptitude of our elected officials.

Some skepticism of the probability of the RL materializing in the next 20 years is justified.

Reactions: jys
I think he wants the environment assessment and detailed preliminary plans from the future.

He will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think michael_can’s desire for more certainty about the RL stems from the fact that we have been talking talking talking, and more talking about this line for decades now. Meanwhile, riders of Line 1 are being packed into trains like sardines and we are building white elephant lines to the suburbs. It’s sickening and speaks to the total ineptitude of our elected officials.

Some skepticism of the probability of the RL materializing in the next 20 years is justified.

What I am looking for is a PDF of the design for the entire route, showing where stations will be, what they will be called and the plan of what type of cars they will use. I am looking for a timeline as well.

We are in the planning phase of the project - and notional location and access design of the stations are already available on the relief line website. Station names don't even get decided until after construction had begun (like in the case of TYSSE).

AoD

We are in the planning phase of the project - and notional location design of the stations are already available on the relief line website. Station names don't even get decided until after construction had begun (like in the case of TYSSE).

AoD

We don't even have a construction start year from the city/TTC.

We don't even have a construction start year from the city/TTC.

Of course you won't - funding for the project hasn't even been determined yet, setting dates without that is meaningless. This is also nothing new - see the case of TYSSE again for announcing dates that are utterly fictitious even in the case of stated funding commitment.

AoD

Of course you won't - funding for the project hasn't even been determined yet, setting dates without that is meaningless. This is also nothing new - see the case of TYSSE again for announcing dates that are utterly fictitious even in the case of stated funding commitment.

AoD

So, then we are still in the fantasy period. Without even a date or a funding commitment, it may still never happen.

So, then we are still in the fantasy period. Without even a date or a funding commitment, it may still never happen.

Err, no, the project is undergoing political and planning process required of it. Kind of different from fantasy schemes that didn't even appear on those radars. That's what separates fantasy from reality. Nobody call the original Eglinton West extension proposal a fantasy even though it ended up being stillborn.

AoD

Err, no, the project is undergoing political and planning process required of it. Kind of different from fantasy schemes that didn't even appear on those radars. That's what separates fantasy from reality.

AoD

The only fantasy that is most definitely not going to be done is using GO Trains. Everything else is still in the realm of possibility.

The only fantasy that is most definitely not going to be done is using GO Trains. Everything else is still in the realm of possibility.

If you are that strict about what you define as "possibility" then even that possibility can't be discounted. Everything is a "possibility" - including getting struck by lighting 3 times in a row. It's fairly useless for discussion purposes.

AoD

If you are that strict about what you define as "possibility" then even that possibility can't be discounted. Everything is a "possibility" - including getting struck by lighting 3 times in a row. It's fairly useless for discussion purposes.

AoD

The link you provided states that they have not even made a decision as to Subway or LRT. So, what vehicle will they use? The current Rockets? The Flexies? Something else? We don't know. So, ffor people to talk about the different vehicles, their pros and cons, is a great thing to discuss, but it is also fantasy. We have a fairly good idea it wont be a GO Train, but not much else.

Back