39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Shot at 1700 Jan 21.

Notice the Bell ad was not working.

2211598050_1372a3e674_b.jpg

Who could be so cruel to dress up those poor, struggling little trees like that?

I noticed today too, it seems like there's only one escalator joining the second and third levels. I don't get it. Assuming that the escalator runs up, how do you get back down? Wait for an elevator? The fire stairwells? Whatever they have planned it would have to be something capable of handling large crowds, like you'd get after three movies let out at the same time.

The other escalator is not located in the same area but is instead located further back in the building... presumable to have people walk past more businesses.

Yogurt is sexy, I suppose, and at least the ad isn't white, but I for one am looking forward to an enormous Calvin Klein underwear ad nonetheless.

I'm curious though, why is the Christmas tree still up?

With the Bell ad not working I was thinking maybe they are adding the third ad into the Tri-vision?

I really like this project. I think it is good that the building behind looks bland because I would be a lot more bitter towards this project if they created a masterpiece of architecture, only to cover it up with ads.

I can't imagine that the costs are so great for LCD technology that they have to build plain lightboxes with pasted ads on them? What about all the time, labour and effort involved in changing out the large ads- wouldn't this conceivably add up to, or at least come close to just putting up more LCD's?

I am not at all in favor of this project and think its just useless to have another mall across from one of the largest malls in the country. Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum!

p5

At the Jarvis Slip Presentation, art work was shown what could be used for the slip and said that would look a lot better than what on TLS now.

It would mean no ad's, but moving artwork panels tune to the weather as well day or night.

Yogurt is sexy, I suppose, and at least the ad isn't white, but I for one am looking forward to an enormous Calvin Klein underwear ad nonetheless.

I'm curious though, why is the Christmas tree still up?

The Star Fixer had a column on "why the Christmas tree was still up as well lights" by a reader and it said they were to come down shortly.

Got nothing going on in the the Square these days and need something to say "look at me"

What about all the time, labour and effort involved in changing out the large ads- wouldn't this conceivably add up to, or at least come close to just putting up more LCD's?

I imagine the maintenance and repair for an LCD would be much higher than a backlit sign (not to mention an LCD the size of the Yoplait ad probably costing more than the whole building

Don't think of it as a mall, Think of it as a soup'd up movie theatre covered in advertising.

More like a soup'd up theatre covered in very cheap looking, fugly advertising which is attached onto equally cheap backlit static displays. I'm quite surprised with the hardon that so many forum members have for this boring overstated advertising blillboard.

More like a soup'd up theatre covered in very cheap looking, fugly advertising which is attached onto equally cheap backlit static displays. I'm quite surprised with the hardon that so many forum members have for this boring overstated advertising blillboard.

Well, as cheap as the advertising is on the building, be thankful that none of the other billboards in the area are that much different than those on the TLS building. Utilitarianism at it’s best and as cheap and gaudy as it is, it gets the job done.
Job being: provide convertible advertising space to companies that want to market their junk to the masses, space for university students to go to lecture, the most definitely required new theatre space in the downtown core. If everything came down to the aesthetics you’d have to blow up Yonge Street and start all over again.

Well, as cheap as the advertising is on the building, be thankful that none of the other billboards in the area are that much different than those on the TLS building. Utilitarianism at it’s best and as cheap and gaudy as it is, it gets the job done.
Job being: provide convertible advertising space to companies that want to market their junk to the masses, space for university students to go to lecture, the most definitely required new theatre space in the downtown core. If everything came down to the aesthetics you’d have to blow up Yonge Street and start all over again.

With mentality like that, no wonder the built environment in the continent (with a few exceptions) is so architecturally inferior to Europe.
I believe every new building is an opportunity to start turning around the sub-standard aesthetics of our urban environment. Remember that.
One of the main reasons European cities look the way they do is because they have design and construction standards since the time of the Greek civilization.

Pfloyd, for a first post, you're pretty aggressive. Try making complete sentences next time, try not asking us to "remember that", and maybe hang out a bit so you don't make tedious posts that have been discussed to death.

Back