News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

This reminds me of my American friends who voted for Trump, overlooking many things that they didn't agree with, because they didn't want Hilary. Once Trump started actually implementing some of his campaign promises, those same people were very upset and said they voted for him but didn't expect he would actually do the things he said.

Nope it shows you how apathetic voters were, mention tax cut, they're on it like flies on cow plop, the buck a beer, and lowering hydro & gas prices. I understand the need for change, but in my eyes Ontario residents just handed Doug Ford their credit cards and not knowing what the hell they purchased. (NO fully costed platform)

The Conservatives only had 3% more of the vote then last time.

The real story for me is the unwillingness of Liberal supporter's to switch to the NDP. Now some of that might be because those people are too Centre-Right to vote NDP, but some people are stubborn too. I wonder how many seats the NDP could have taken from the PCs if the votes weren't wasted on the Liberals.

It is because of all of that that I wonder who convinced him to run, not like he would have needed much convincing. It's like Chow running for Mayor and the Elliot running for leader, who advises these people and what is their strategy? The quality of candidates in my area was tragic, just tragic - like drawing lots and the losers had be candidates. I just wonder. A friend said the PC guy came to his door and talked to him, and was told that he wasn't going to vote PC. On election day off he goes to the polling station and hey ho he's not on the voters list! Even tho he voted in 3 other election whilst at this address.
It came from two directions. One was him & Diane claiming his birthright. The other was Harper insiders who needed a useful idiot, and found one.

The real story for me is the unwillingness of Liberal supporter's to switch to the NDP. Now some of that might be because those people are too Centre-Right to vote NDP, but some people are stubborn too. I wonder how many seats the NDP could have taken from the PCs if the votes weren't wasted on the Liberals.

That's too simplistic a read - the perfect strategic vote that is geared towards preventing a PC government will require a mix of voting for the most competitive non-PC party in a particular riding - and it may mean voting NDP in some, Liberals in others. Most voters would not have that level of fine-grained knowledge required.

AoD

That's too simplistic a read - the perfect strategic vote that is geared towards preventing a PC government will require a mix of voting for the most competitive non-PC party in a particular riding - and it may mean voting NDP in some, Liberals in others. Most voters would not have that level of fine-grained knowledge required.

AoD
'

"Strategic" voting led to only 7 seats for the Liberals.

To those of you who opposed a PC majority government, can you elaborate on the policies of this new government and its leader that you don’t like? I appreciate that you’re a personal fan of the premier-designate but leaving that aside what about the party’s platform do you so ardently oppose?

To those of you who opposed a PC majority government, can you elaborate on the policies of this new government and its leader that you don’t like? I appreciate that you’re a personal fan of the premier-designate but leaving that aside what about the party’s platform do you so ardently oppose?

I am sure you can ask this policy question with a straight fact given the fact that the policy document had steadfastly refused to state the cost of the promises and the cuts/additional debt that will be required to facilitate it. How about we start from there instead?

AoD

I am fully supportive of making all necessary cuts to the public sector in order to bring the budget in balance.

I am hugely in favour of an efficient public sector that provides the highest quality services to the public. It’s the waste and the 37% premium over the private sector that the public sector earns for equal services.

That is the real source of the problem.

Political debate WILL continue in this province, regardless of who won last night. Time to toughen up, because the policy questions don't end with winning an election.

Well said. Nor should it. A government should always be held in check by the political process.

I am fully supportive of making all necessary cuts to the public sector in order to bring the budget in balance.

I am hugely in favour of an efficient public sector that provides the highest quality services to the public. It’s the waste and the 37% premium over the private sector that the public sector earns for equal services.

Were any of the cuts mentioned? How will these cuts manifest themselves? None of these are mentioned in the policy document - in fact, you have a leader that has more or less promised "no cuts", only "efficiencies". If you want to regurgitate your personal stance which you have mentioned almost word for word previously, you don't need to throw out a leading question about why the rest of us don't buy the policy put forth in the first place.

Oh, and that 37% - https://www.competeprosper.ca/blog/public_sector_workers_might_not_be_overpaid_after_all

AoD

Last edited:
The Conservatives only had 3% more of the vote then last time.

It was actually 9% (31.3% to 40.5%).
First party to get over 40% in a decade.

Last edited:

The government can’t get away with shafting employees for hours, benefits, tips, or wages.

That’s where that 37% difference is. Shafting employees is what you seem to be endorsing.

Back