News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

You can compare this to the Chretien cancellation of the EH-101 helicopters, or the Harris cancellation of the Eglinton subway.

But "Gas Plant" is reserved for a party cancelling their own plans, in advance of an election, providing a totally false estimate of the cost, for an ultimate cost of over $1B.

Oh, ok, I took it to mean a stupid financial move with someone else's money, but I guess "Gas Plant" is more a stupid financial move with someone else's money for preservation of power.
I can agree with that, but they are both a giant fucking waste of the money I slave for in temperatures of around 60C (right now.....winter is whatever it is outside plus wind) to help provide so please excuse me if I don't differentiate. :)

PS: 1B is going to look like a joke when we have to compensate companies for worthless carbon credits...an amount that is being talked about is ~3B$

So......where's this fiscal prudence and responsibility we were promised? Right, a rigid ideology got in the way. Or it was never there to begin with.
Or......3B$ is nothing to pay out because cancelling cap-and-trade will make us much more money in the medium term.

Out of curiosity, how do you see this as being defensible?

I wonder how many PC voters have regrets already.

This is why people can't be in charge of complex systems: we make impulsive decisions based in ignorance of facts.

Ok, so, not everyone all the time, obviously, but weeding out the good from the bad is left to the masses of those who do.

I have a number of American friends and acquaintances who now bemoan the fact that they voted for Trump, because they didn't think he would really do what he said he would do. They just hated Hillary so much that they voted for Trump. I suspect we'll have some of the same buyer's remorse here.

I have a number of American friends and acquaintances who now bemoan the fact that they voted for Trump, because they didn't think he would really do what he said he would do. They just hated Hillary so much that they voted for Trump. I suspect we'll have some of the same buyer's remorse here.

That was a tragic election for them. The single adult who had any business being anywhere near it from both sides was O'Malley.

Of course, he was too reasonable, sensible, and moderate to be of much use to a sick society.

Because fuck schools and the environment, eh?

Well, no, from where I stand, so far it looks like fuck the taxpayer. How ironic. Well, no, it might be ironic if I was dumb enough to think Ford and gang were about the taxpayer or fiscal prudence. I'm not, so it's not.

It is hilarious though. I'm cool laughing at others who put themselves into this mess even though I'm tainted by the same stain. I laugh at myself all the time.

I guess paying out billions to businesses to cover now-worthless credits is good for business and the taxpayer. What do I know? I'm just the dumbass who slaves away to pay said taxes and doesn't bother with finding loopholes and other means to hide my income from the CRA.

Fiscal prudence.....this is what was hammered into our heads in regards to this government.

They didn't fool me, but I'd feel pretty fucking stupid right now if I had believed it.....and I'd completely give up on life if I still believed it now.

Same. Old. Shit.

Because fuck schools and the environment, eh?

“Cancelling this project will be a net-benefit and result in savings for Ontario ratepayers, after they will no longer be on the hook for this over-priced wind power. The Government will be taking action through legislation to insulate itself from any domestic litigation,” Jefferies said.

And for the record, the $100 million figure comes from the guy who says he's owed $100 million.

So wait. If someone sues you for cancelling a signed contract, you just make a new law that makes that ok? Sounds fair.

Not at all PinkLucy. It's the figure that I call into question, not the validity of the contract.

Where does the number come from? And I quite agree that if the savings from canceling the wind farm don't outweigh the potential costs associated with it the government should not cancel it.

So wait. If someone sues you for cancelling a signed contract, you just make a new law that makes that ok? Sounds fair.

That would create a hell of a mess for contractors with consumers canceling contracts.... OH WAIT that new law would be designed for government only! Yeah another page out if the Trump book on not paying what is owed.

Unsurprisingly, we’re going back to a curriculum from 1998 thanks to regressive rather than progressive thinking.

I don't know, 1998 was a good year. France are going back to 1998 as well, if you know what I mean.

Back