News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL this is her Twitter header photo. I don't even like her but I am so embarrassed for her. What is this. A ridiculously mediocre quote and she thought it was SO DEEP that she had to put it up there with a HORRIBLE picture of her that appears to be lecturing? Oh man. If you're not very bright at least try to keep a low profile.

upload_2018-8-24_10-22-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-24_10-22-24.png
    upload_2018-8-24_10-22-24.png
    476.3 KB · Views: 390
Its where you make money by being innovative :D

I live in Ward 36, its an awful decision to make. Right now I'd have to suck it up and vote for Crawford. He has terrible politics but he is a surprisingly decent ground game councilor.

Its where you make money by being innovative :D

I live in Ward 36, its an awful decision to make. Right now I'd have to suck it up and vote for Crawford. He has terrible politics but he is a surprisingly decent ground game councilor.
Remember that a person who made a good Councillor in the 43 Ward world may not be able to 'up their game' and NOT deal with small things so that they can be effective in the 47 Ward world we appear to be heading to.

I'm voting for Gerard Arbour, assuming the 25 ward thing remains. He has been a Bluffs advocate and was the person who got the ball rolling for the new Kingston Road bus that goes from Victoria Park subway out to the U of T Scarborough campus. He also has facebook pages for the area including one that promotes local businesses. I'm sick of Crawford and Holland. Crawford was fairly tight with the Fords and is really tight with Tory. Makes me think of a brown nose kid in school.

I’ve heard through a very good NDP source that Malik has agreed to step aside for Layton or Cressy if/when the court challenges are tossed.

Also, my source said the big battle will begin when the Toronto & York Region Labour Council meets in the first week of September. Who they decide to endorse will determine who are the front runners in “NDPer vs NDPer” council races caused by the shrunk council.

The endorsed candidate will receive the full support and volunteer power of OPSEU, CUPE, IATSE, SEIU etc.

I’ve heard through a very good NDP source that Malik has agreed to step aside for Layton or Cressy if/when the court challenges are tossed.

Also, my source said the big battle will begin when the Toronto & York Region Labour Council meets in the first week of September. Who they decide to endorse will determine who are the front runners in “NDPer vs NDPer” council races caused by the shrunk council.

The endorsed candidate will receive the full support and volunteer power of OPSEU, CUPE, IATSE, SEIU etc.
As noted a week or so ago the NDP HAVE 'assigned' Wong-Tam to Toronto Centre, Cressy to Spadina-Fort York and Layton to University- Rosedale. Any other Dippers like Mallik, Moise or Hollett are out of luck!

As noted a week or so ago the NDP HAVE 'assigned' Wong-Tam to Toronto Centre, Cressy to Spadina-Fort York and Layton to University- Rosedale. Any other Dippers like Mallik, Moise or Hollett are out of luck!
After reading this thread for the past few weeks, how can anyone say that we should not have OPEN political parties in municipal politics? Just tell the people the truth about the candidates.

After reading this thread for the past few weeks, how can anyone say that we should not have OPEN political parties in municipal politics? Just tell the people the truth about the candidates.

What?
The "truth about the candidates" is whatever their policy ideas are. Who cares what party they may be affiliated with? It's irrelevant in municipal politics.
I mean, I get that fanboys of specific parties think it's important, but for the rest of us, it's not.

Back