News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I get that. But, if you think about it, with almost empty trains and buses, you are helping not making things worse. The staffing issue could be as simple as not running those services, and an announcement that the ____ train/bus is canceled.

That's worse. Now the customer doesn't know if his or her train/bus will run or not. And they will get discouraged from using the service.

What's the point of having a schedule in that case?

Dan

All but the last bus of the night will be suspended on Route 16, the Hamilton QEW Express.

This bus route was one of those rumoured to be cut back in the fall based on a leak of a memo that Metrolinx later said "is not completely correct."
I now have to wonder if this route will ever actually return once the virus situation is over.

I just hope none of this is an excuse to continue to keep the service cut after things go back to normal. We are headed for a recession due to this, would be a good excuse for the gov. to say "well we are going to have to keep the cuts for a while" like in the 90s.

This bus route was one of those rumoured to be cut back in the fall based on a leak of a memo that Metrolinx later said "is not completely correct."
I now have to wonder if this route will ever actually return once the virus situation is over.

I really hope not. Especially during off-peak times and in the counter-peak direction, as it's so much faster than transferring at Aldershot and taking the train.

I think it's just being suspended as there is a parallel service, and demand is so low right now.

That's worse. Now the customer doesn't know if his or her train/bus will run or not. And they will get discouraged from using the service.

What's the point of having a schedule in that case?

Dan

As apposed to the reduced service having the same cancellations for the same reasons?

As apposed to the reduced service having the same cancellations for the same reasons?

You tell me. It reads as if you are suggesting that they cancel individual runs willy-nilly depending on who does and doesn't show up on any given day.

At least with a schedule people (believe that they) can expect to know when the train or bus will show up.

Dan

You tell me. It reads as if you are suggesting that they cancel individual runs willy-nilly depending on who does and doesn't show up on any given day.

At least with a schedule people (believe that they) can expect to know when the train or bus will show up.

Dan

What I am suggesting is they take it day by day, or hour by hour. They need a minimum number to staff a train or bus. If they cannot cover that run, but can cover later ones, then they cancel the run and advise the public.

Now, lets say they cut all service by half. Using the same scenario, you could still have multiple cancellations due to workers calling in sick. Now what? At least my way makes a better buffer.

Anyone know how the new schedule will affect through-running between lines?
Check GO website, but should remain as is...................There is no express service......................

York Concourse at 4:10 this afternoon.

I think that the new reduced schedules should still provide more than enough space for social distancing.

2566162A-12CB-48BB-B2ED-3CCCE46D64A5.jpeg

Check GO website, but should remain as is...................There is no express service......................

Well the GO website has individual line schedules but doesn't indicate through servicing; and yes, I've seen the schedule, but express services aren't necessarily related with through services. In the last schedule revision someone had posted a spreadsheet showing which lines were operating as through services. Was hoping that find that.

GO transit is limiting access to the accessibility coach as a measure to control the spread of COVID-19. They are not deploying the ramp unless needed and are asking passengers to use the upper level if crossing through the accessibility coach.

trying to limit contact of the public with the CSAs to ensure continuity of service is my guess. Prevents people from coming in contact with them, which in turn reduces their risk of contracting the virus, putting them out of work for 2 weeks. If that were to happen too many times they likely wouldn't have enough TSAs to staff the trains.

Back