There also isn't any evidence that "poor plumbing" such as "Toronto condo plumbing" has anything to do with this. I think it was his attempt at a bitter joke.

Today, very little work going on.
229E3020-3C0D-4439-8374-EB0C41DD8332.jpeg
8FD80DE3-A80D-4D5A-87DD-7133C5CC2F11.jpeg

The One has its own set of problems, but there is one bit of good news.... the province just announced that construction work, and not just for healthcare projects, is essential, and will not be subject to the COVID-19 lockdown....see #28

"Construction
26. Construction projects and services associated with the healthcare sector, including new facilities, expansions, renovations and conversion of spaces that could be repurposed for health care space;
27. Construction projects and services required to ensure safe and reliable operations of critical provincial infrastructure, including transit, transportation, energy and justice sectors beyond the day-to-day maintenance;
28. Construction work and services, including demolition services, in the industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors;
29. Construction work and services that supports health and safety environmental rehabilitation projects"

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.news...yPGxCxwB0chIdek6VuqiJ_HC1BbN5B6DQvh-BhES9bk-I..

The One has its own set of problems, but there is one bit of good news.... the province just announced that construction work, and not just for healthcare projects, is essential, and will not be subject to the COVID-19 lockdown....see #28

"Construction
26. Construction projects and services associated with the healthcare sector, including new facilities, expansions, renovations and conversion of spaces that could be repurposed for health care space;
27. Construction projects and services required to ensure safe and reliable operations of critical provincial infrastructure, including transit, transportation, energy and justice sectors beyond the day-to-day maintenance;
28. Construction work and services, including demolition services, in the industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors;
29. Construction work and services that supports health and safety environmental rehabilitation projects"

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.news...yPGxCxwB0chIdek6VuqiJ_HC1BbN5B6DQvh-BhES9bk-I..
Good for who? The dozens of construction workers who have to share the same toilet during a pandemic? This list is a joke!

City of Toronto shuts down work for weeks for lack of an inevitable above grade permit that should have been issued months ago. What do they do during the biggest pandemic in 100 years? “GET TO WORK!”

With time on our hands, I went back and read the comments posted here in the distant past. Fascinating stuff. Here is one I posted on page 356 dated Dec 23 2018

"Yea just like the entire world, the BOOM has been created by massive debt and zero interest rates. That liquidity was forced into the stock market and real estate. That's all about to change. Canada has performed terribly the last 3 years but the government ran huge deficits keeping things moving. Grab hold of your wallet and hold on tight, things are about to get very ugly for the next 2 years."

With time on our hands, I went back and read the comments posted here in the distant past. Fascinating stuff. Here is one I posted on page 356 dated Dec 23 2018

"Yea just like the entire world, the BOOM has been created by massive debt and zero interest rates. That liquidity was forced into the stock market and real estate. That's all about to change. Canada has performed terribly the last 3 years but the government ran huge deficits keeping things moving. Grab hold of your wallet and hold on tight, things are about to get very ugly for the next 2 years."

A fascinating coincidence is all that is: this project was not originally stopped for any of the reasons postulated by that doomsayer; it shut down because the development company in charge incompetently managed its planning and approvals process.

And the economic crisis in which we now find ourselves has nothing to do with liquidity, debt loads, or fiscal policy, but with a literal pandemic.

A fascinating coincidence is all that is: this project was not originally stopped for any of the reasons postulated by that doomsayer; it shut down because the development company in charge incompetently managed its planning and approvals process.

And the economic crisis in which we now find ourselves has nothing to do with liquidity, debt loads, or fiscal policy, but with a literal pandemic.
The virus was just the trigger...it's been in the making for years.

The virus was just the trigger...it's been in the making for years.

That is an unverifiable opinion, whereas it is a fact that both the Canadian economy and Toronto real estate market were steadily humming along at near literally historic highs before the pandemic.

It is also the case that neither of those things are relevant to the cause of the work stoppage at this site.

Briefly walked past the site today, saw a few workers doing something, but I was in a big hurry so I couldn’t stop. I don’t mean to sound like a troll, but please, let’s set aside the bloody virus, and get back to what this site is supposed to be all about. Does anybody know what those workers were doing today? It seemed like they were working pretty hard, but again I wasn’t able to stay and ask them, which I usually do. A lot of things might be on hold right now, but construction has already been listed as an essential service, so please don’t talk about the virus, I was hoping I could escape it here, as I was very happy when I heard construction will continue, and after seeing the workers today I’m very enthused, but I would like to know what’s going on.....so I’m curious, does anyone know the current status of the site? I ask because the last time I checked a few weeks ago, the entire project seem like it was stalled, but the one worker I was able to speak to (there were but a handful of workers, mostly labourers) spoke about three words of English, and because I don’t speak Portuguese, I really wasn’t able to get much out of him, other than, and I quote “yes yes, working working“.

They only have a permit to complete the underground works which is what they are doing now. They cannot do anything above grade.

Back