569C6A7A-675C-4A6D-9944-EBA20393B9F8.jpeg
CD6352ED-D799-4F17-ABAE-43DC3EC142D3.jpeg
EE907E61-2D28-4E0D-AD2F-66B8296735DA.jpeg
87F89A0C-4676-4883-A4E8-09B4BBFD2B1B.jpeg
4A4F12FE-BBAC-4E1B-934D-A70D53E81DE7.jpeg
3DCB2673-5EF7-43AA-B3BC-CB08F93A9326.jpeg

It’s interesting (to me at least) how they continue to build around the heritage stub as if it’s not really part of the development. Pretty sure similar projects — One Yorkville and 19 Duncan come to mind — had the heritage portions integrated directly into the structure from the beginning. Or is this different because there’s a bit more to work with than just the facade? Curious to see how this gets incorporated later.

That is soooo cuuuuuute how they have those tiny little dolls placed on the slab there. You can see them under the raised arm of the bucket. Awwwww! I can't believe how tiny those guys look. Amazing!

Hey, I was able tp blow up that photo to get a closer view of the dolls..

lego.jpg

Hey, I was able tp blow up that photo to get a closer view of the dolls..

View attachment 295142
Ohhh, the supercolumns are made out of LEGO! I understand now how this is so structurally viable. even with the additional floors.

Why did no one mention this was made out of LEGO before, it would have cleared much confusion about the scope and difficulty of this project!

Anyone who has stepped on lego in the middle of the night knows that stuff is tough 🤣
As an aside, I'm always astounded by the precision and tolerances in Lego — so well-fitting that Lego actually had to design a tool to separate pieces that have snapped together too tightly. I've never seen flashing, colour mottling/streaking or bubbles on a piece of Lego in all my years on this planet. Even more impressive is the fact that they were consistently getting that 40 years ago, too.

As an aside, I'm always astounded by the precision and tolerances in Lego — so well-fitting that Lego actually had to design a tool to separate pieces that have snapped together too tightly. I've never seen flashing, colour mottling/streaking or bubbles on a piece of Lego in all my years on this planet. Even more impressive is the fact that they were consistently getting that 40 years ago, too.
LEGO thread...

Back