This site:

1611594956817.png

And it's a proposed Park.

** Changed the pic to better reflect the actual spot just to the south.

Attachments

• 1611591016386.png
    1611591016386.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Nice site - as a viewpoint for the shipping channel. Expecting good things from the CC+A/gh3 collaboration.

AoD

I saw the proposed layout of the park somewhere, can't find the document just atm.

Wonder where I put it?

Aerial view of the site.

The railway easement was the Northern limit of the site.
1611594856060.png

I wonder if, given the City's use of gh3* on the Cherry stormwater management facility, this will be some sort of public works-y building with an integrated public realm component (CCA).

I assume this is the final death of the rail spur that currently passes through/along the site and heads off west towards the Cruise Ship Quay area. The line is already not functional as the City allowed Canada Post to build over it (and then seemed to realise that they could not simply put rails onto Leslie Street to serve the Ashbridges Bay sewage plant. Much as I prefer rail to trucks, I think it's time for it to go as it will also make the changes to Lake Shore East (and Gardiner east section) much easier. (They already removed more rail where they crossed Cherry Street @ entrance ti Cherry Beach (Clarke) Park.

I assume this is the final death of the rail spur that currently passes through/along the site and heads off west towards the Cruise Ship Quay area. The line is already not functional as the City allowed Canada Post to build over it (and then seemed to realise that they could not simply put rails onto Leslie Street to serve the Ashbridges Bay sewage plant. Much as I prefer rail to trucks, I think it's time for it to go as it will also make the changes to Lake Shore East (and Gardiner east section) much easier. (They already removed more rail where they crossed Cherry Street @ entrance ti Cherry Beach (Clarke) Park.

The original submission request left the track intact.

I'm not sure if that's been revised since the bid was awarded.

The original submission request left the track intact.

I'm not sure if that's been revised since the bid was awarded.
The removal of the track discussion is fairly recent, even a year or 18 months ago BuildTO was still saying they were looking at how to replace the track where Canada Post now is. It's much more recently that more track has been removed west of Leslie and WT has been discussing it no longer crossing the Don at all.

There continues to be a rail line that runs along Lake Shore East -- even in the latest plans. What is this line used for? Which industry is still requiring this? Given the changing nature of this area -- is it a requirement to keep this spur line?

There continues to be a rail line that runs along Lake Shore East -- even in the latest plans. What is this line used for? Which industry is still requiring this? Given the changing nature of this area -- is it a requirement to keep this spur line?

The line is called the Harbour Lead.

It is currently not in use.

Its only remaining customer was the Main Sewage Treatment Plant.

Currently that plant is disconnected from the track and receiving its deliveries by truck.

The future of the line is under review.

The likelihood seems that it will be discontinued.

But nothing is certain til it's done.

A decision was to be arrived at by mid-February as this impacts on the reconstruction of Lake Shore Blvd as part of removing the Gardiner east of the Don River.

This site:

View attachment 296157

And it's a proposed Park.

** Changed the pic to better reflect the actual spot just to the south.

The line is called the Harbour Lead.

It is currently not in use.

Its only remaining customer was the Main Sewage Treatment Plant.

Currently that plant is disconnected from the track and receiving its deliveries by truck.

The future of the line is under review.

The likelihood seems that it will be discontinued.

But nothing is certain til it's done.

A decision was to be arrived at by mid-February as this impacts on the reconstruction of Lake Shore Blvd as part of removing the Gardiner east of the Don River.
Definitely vote to remove the Harbour Lead line. Open the ROW for a better Lake Shore East design. Not to mention the crazy intersection at Lake Shore and Don Valley.

Back