The design is truly one of the most hideous we've seen here, and would be visible from almost all vantage points at 187 meters. It's even worse than Edmonton's Hendrix... and that's hard for a 2020s tower to do.

I would of course love to see something built here, but as our tallest fully residential tower in a super prominent location with a massive height allowance I'd prefer it be something more like Chicago's Aqua or Vancouver's Burrard Place. Just something with pizzaz in the design, not something people look at and think... "turd city". In this case, I would say an empty lot is better to wait for something decent rather than this trash.

The design is truly one of the most hideous we've seen here, and would be visible from almost all vantage points at 187 meters. It's even worse than Edmonton's Hendrix... and that's hard for a 2020s tower to do.

I would of course love to see something built here, but as our tallest fully residential tower in a super prominent location with a massive height allowance I'd prefer it be something more like Chicago's Aqua or Vancouver's Burrard Place. Just something with pizzaz in the design, not something people look at and think... "turd city". In this case, I would say an empty lot is better to wait for something decent rather than this trash.

Hat @ Elbow River is worse imo. At least with this project, the podium is hospitable and we know the renderings are accurate to what the final product will be.

Hopefully something of this scale goes up, though I don't really like the design of the towers.

I actually think that 4th Ave has some potential West of 1 ST SW, despite the high traffic volume.

There is signage for residential on the small lot/Circle K to the NE of this proposal as well. A few small surface lots that would be great for resident exist moving towards 8 St. SW as well as the lot beside The International.

The small office building directly across 4th from this is being converted to hotel, there is the long stay hotel beside that and the Westin as well.

We already have some decent residential above the fire hall at 8th St, London House, Prince's Island Place and The International.

There is some street front retail, though not great. Good dining options with Ceilis, the Keg, Caesars, Owen's Landing, Pig & Duke as well as some smaller places. The Met Centre also brings large groups to the area in evenings too.

What is your requirement for confirmation? The DP no longer appears on the City's development map, and Killam REIT no longer makes any reference to this project within their publicly available investor relations materials. I would say that is as close to confirmation as we will get.

Back