What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Concur in full and there was a plan to do just that and renderings/plans are out there.
There were four options for the the new Walterdale Bridge and approaches on the north and south sides of the river:

Option 1 (what we have now)
View attachment 273647
Option 2 (hairpin turn at Sask Drive removed and Gateway Blvd. realigned with underpass)
View attachment 273650
Option 3 (hairpin turn removed, but intersection at Sask Drive and longer Walterdale Bridge)
View attachment 273652
Option 4 (no Sask Drive hairpin, Gateway Blvd. underpass and Walterdale Bridge location shifted east and a new 103 St. alignment to match)
View attachment 273653

It would've been great if we had the hairpin turn removed - that is my biggest issue with the Gateway Blvd. approach from the south going Downtown.
Indeed, there 'were' plans prepared when the new Walterdale design was being hashed out.

I think the most important improvement to traffic at Gateway and Whyte will be building a continuous 76 Ave. Turning on/off Whyte is a hazard when there are so many pedestrians crossing in both directions. If traffic could turn onto 76th, that would help protect pedestrians. Gateway and Whyte should be a scramble crossing, but traffic would back up even more during rush hour. I'm really excited for this development based on the quality of Beljan and the other container markets I've seen in other cities.

I think the most important improvement to traffic at Gateway and Whyte will be building a continuous 76 Ave. Turning on/off Whyte is a hazard when there are so many pedestrians crossing in both directions. If traffic could turn onto 76th, that would help protect pedestrians. Gateway and Whyte should be a scramble crossing, but traffic would back up even more during rush hour. I'm really excited for this development based on the quality of Beljan and the other container markets I've seen in other cities.
We just need to wait for CPR to sell off the Irvine Yard and then 76th could be punched through to 99 Street. That closure would also create some massive, valuable development parcels.

We just need to wait for CPR to sell off the Irvine Yard and then 76th could be punched through to 99 Street. That closure would also create some massive, valuable development parcels.
Does CP have any medium-long term plans to sell it off?

I would love to know how Dream got themselves in bed with CP Rail for that. Excuse the pun but that's an opportunity most developers only dream of. Especially the ones with any sort of imagination.

I would love to know how Dream got themselves in bed with CP Rail for that. Excuse the pun but that's an opportunity most developers only dream of. Especially the ones with any sort of imagination.
Who knows. They aren't Brookfield, but they do have a good presence here and they aren't that small. They still have $15b in assets under management and a 2b market cap pre covid.

@nv96 let's start a Planning/Architectural company called "Nightmare" and see if we can scare CP into action.
With that name we'd be better off vying for CN's assets.

Back