turini2

Member Bio
Reaction score

Waterfront Toronto Launches International Competition for Quayside Development Partner

Waterfront Toronto today launched an international competition to secure a development partner for the Quayside lands. The first step in this effort is to issue a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to identify potential development proponents with the proven experience, design portfolio, financial resources, and shared vision necessary to bring Quayside to reality.
• Issue RFQ: March 10, 2021
• Submission Deadline: May 12, 2021
• Shortlist Selection: June 2021
• RFP Issuance to Shortlisted Proponents: June 2021 • Preferred Proponent Selection: Fall 2021

With conceptual artistic renderings from Standard Practice.

Quayside+possible+vision+full+view+looking+northwest.+Rendering+by+Standard+Practice.jpg

Quayside+Block+Plan+(Figure+2)+-+Photo+Credit+Waterfront+Toronto.jpg

We are starting a new thread for this area at this point, new database file coming soon. Although we normally follow sites with just one thread and database file, the feeling is that the Sidewalk Toronto era is something that should have its own database separate from whatever comes next here, so that those renderings don't end up mixed up in with what is to come. So, please continue on here…

We are starting a new thread for this area at this point, new database file coming soon. Although we normally follow sites with just one thread and database file, the feeling is that the Sidewalk Toronto era is something that should have its own database separate from whatever comes next here, so that those renderings don't end up mixed up in with what is to come. So, please continue on here…

Makes sense!

Alex Bozikovic on twitter mentions "a new major cultural facility subject to an international design competition" as part of the plan - so I clearly didn't read the press release in enough detail...

Makes sense!

Alex Bozikovic on twitter mentions "a new major cultural facility subject to an international design competition" as part of the plan - so I clearly didn't read the press release in enough detail...

Also of note is strong endorsement of UHN and Sunnybrook because of the way in which the proposal addresses the need for Long Term Care.

Details to be found!

This may be slightly off topic, but what do you think the chances are that within our lifetimes that the Redpath factory gets torn down? The waterfront is coming together (finally), but that is the one giant blemish in the master plans. Do you think Redpath would ever sell? Im sure someone would be willing to pay top dollar for that property....

This may be slightly off topic, but what do you think the chances are that within our lifetimes that the Redpath factory gets torn down? The waterfront is coming together (finally), but that is the one giant blemish in the master plans. Do you think Redpath would ever sell? Im sure someone would be willing to pay top dollar for that property....

I think the consensus is that it is still a booming company and industry so they are probably staying put.

I am pleasantly surprised that they anticipate going from RFQ to preferred proponent in under a year. Seems like a quick turnaround for this kind of project.
I hope it gets some good adaptive reuse instead of being torn down...

Last edited:
I know these are only renders and the finished product, if built, can look very different but I am struggling to envision where the bridge in the lower right hand corner would lead to. Is this a possible pedestrian bridge heading to the portlands?

InkedQuayside+possible+vision+full+view+looking+northwest.+Rendering+by+Standard+Practice_LI.jpg

I know these are only renders and the finished product, if built, can look very different but I am struggling to envision where the bridge in the lower right hand corner would lead to. Is this a possible pedestrian bridge heading to the portlands?

View attachment 304841

Lower Don Lands - it's always been in the books.

AoD

Back