News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

And here's the new schedule. (PDF)

Absolutely no connections from Bloomington Station when it opens, so make good use of that Garage Mahal! The bus loop will only see off-peak Route 61 buses, but nothing on weekends or inbound in the late afternoon/evening.

Gormley, too, lost any scheduled transit connections when YRT eliminated Route 15 as part of its regular cutbacks (before COVID).

metrolinx is building snowmelt systems under all platforms now I believe. It's a badly needed thing given the stupifying amount of salt they apply on the unheated platforms.

metrolinx is building snowmelt systems under all platforms now I believe. It's a badly needed thing given the stupifying amount of salt they apply on the unheated platforms.

That was my understanding as well; but its atypical to put them under asphalt.

Concrete is the most common treatment; though I've seen it done under interlocking as well.

June 28th, to be precise.

Niagara Falls train service is also returning, either that weekend or the one following - it wasn't made clear to me.

Dan

It's not showing up in the schedules, which are now up on GO Transit's site. The minimal schedule - one bus an hour making all stops between Niagara Falls and Burlington - is still shown, despite what I suspect would be demand for much more at this point.

The all-stops Route 12 is ridiculously slow.

Do you know why - and can you share?
I don't know why, just that the edict has been given.

It also sounds like the edict was given from up high, and not from within transportation services.

Keeping in mind, that this is third-hand information.........

I was under the impression that it was seen as bad form to have a good news/expansion announcement in the midst of the pandemic.

But it was also suggested to me, that saving the 'good news' for the year leading up to the election was something that had occurred to said party.
I heard this from a number of my contacts within Metrolinx, and they were given the same reasons as you'd outlined.

It's not showing up in the schedules, which are now up on GO Transit's site. The minimal schedule - one bus an hour making all stops between Niagara Falls and Burlington - is still shown, despite what I suspect would be demand for much more at this point.
I suspect that they're trying to capitalize on the positive press and thus going to make another announcement soon.

Dan

Richmond Hill line – Service to new Bloomington GO Station starts June 28
60cba9dd4879cc175d834c3d.jpg
60cba9de4879cc175d834c3e.jpg
Introducing Bloomington GO Station on the Richmond Hill line! Starting June 28, you will have even more connection options in York Region; whether it be for traveling for fun, work or school early in the morning or late in evening. Plus, enjoy a modern new station, 1,000 parking spaces, bike parking and heated shelters on the platform.

Richmond Hill line trains will be extended to serve the new station on weekdays at these times:

· Morning trains will depart Bloomington GO at 6:04, 6:49, 7:19 and 8:04 a.m., arriving at Union Station an hour later, making all stops along the way.
· Afternoon trains will depart Union Station at 3:45, 4:45, 5:45 and 6:45 p.m., arriving at Bloomington GO approximately an hour later, making all stops along the way.
· Times at all other stops will remain the same, including arrivals and departures at Union Station.
· GO Bus Route 61 will also serve the new Bloomington GO Station.

All Richmond Hill line trains are four cars long. Please look down the platform when the train approaches as you may need to adjust where you’re waiting. Be sure to use all available doors to board and listen for station announcements. Some coaches may be more popular than others. Please move to another coach to find a more comfortable space. We continue to monitor all trips and will make adjustments if needed. We will let you know in advance about any changes.

Plan your trip here or see the full schedules here. Be sure to check the website often for updates.

Pay before you board with these easy options:
· All mobile users – whether they have an Android or an iPhone – can instantly load funds and passes onto their PRESTO card.
· Buy your GO Transit tickets online to enjoy the ease and convenience of a GO Transit e-ticket.​

Back