Thank God for some of the speculations, lately, about the cause of the relative slowdown. They've provided me entertainment in place of the excitement of seeing significant progress.
For me it's not about speculation but rather fear that this may all fall threw. However, it's completely fair game to point how unfounded and/or unreasonable that fear maybe. I have no real knowledge of what's going on here, nor is the subject matter of this site my field of expertise. So there's a lot of filling in the blanks, to which is not always accurate or correct, to put it mildly.

But I tend to agree, speculation is probably not the best thing to do here when the process of building this thing is not really going as expected.

We have a story up on the front page now with some glass stats and photos.

Here's a bonus pic of the glass arriving:

TheOneGlassUnload.jpg

"the massive glazing units are 109.34mm thick, and made up of 6 x 12mm laminated glass with a low-E coating, sandwiching a 16mm insulated air space and 2 x 8mm laminated glass on the inside"

what does that mean? that there are 6 panels of 12mm thick glass glued backed to back?

Yes - so 8 layers of glass in total.
cool...
i know absolutely nothing about glass manufacturing... but is there a reason why they don't just make a thicker layer? Having to bond all those layers together is bound to introduce more potential for defects, right?

Okay, I have edited the front page story to better explain the laminated glass units so that it's clear that there are 8 pieces of glass sandwiched together with a little insulating air in between…

I have added info that indicates that what you are seeing is not a test panel (can you imagine what these glass units cost and therefore what it would mean to create only one test panel first?!)…

and I have added info about the coming transfer slab pours.

Juicy bits with dates to circle on your calendar from the front page piece by @someMidTowner and @interchange42

View attachment 332900
@Benito and @thaivic and all others who take pics of this project! We're counting on your presence and image-taking skills on both these days!! 🤣🤣

Please mark your calendars!
July 12 - Monday
July 15 - Thursday

Edit:
Also, the below wording caught my eye:
1625590807935.png

I'm calling it now, it's gonna be a People's Jewelry store as the flagship tenant! He called it Jewelry of the Building and not the Fruit of the Building! 🤣 🤣

PS: Sorry, I had to make that joke, I can delete it if it starts another round of speculation on the tenant!

Back