News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Above ground on Wellington, terminating at Rideau, seems best for network connectivity. I expect that wouldn't be possible though.
Well in terms of network connectivity the Sparks Street option would be best simply because that means transferring between Line 1 and this tram would be short and easy.

Construction update video for Phase 2.

Looks like a lot has been done, and a lot of the elevated viaducts are showing they're skeletons. Really well made and shot, and the progress is inspiring.

When did the LRT system required someone to stand at the end of the platforms and blow a whistle as the train is about to leave the station??

All trains are running as 2 car units every 5 minutes and not surprised at this. Only about 20% on our cars.

Had a quick looked at Bayview Station and fail to take the camera with us. They are rebuilding the O-Train station area and will have to go back to get shots of it. Wasn't a wear they were going to do this.

If you are over 65 and riding the train on Wed and Sunday, it free if you are using a Presto Card. Since I left my Presto card at home and fail to meet the 65 age, just use a family day pass.

Depending on time on our way home, will see if I can get shots of the new extension.

Edit:
Lots of slow order areas on the line that is less than 2 years old.

1124 has a number of flat spots on the wheels for it with one under us.

Last edited:
When did the LRT system required someone to stand at the end of the platforms and blow a whistle as the train is about to leave the station??
This has been the case since opening day. The platform camera systems are not yet working reliably enough.
Had a quick looked at Bayview Station and fail to take the camera with us. They are rebuilding the O-Train station area and will have to go back to get shots of it. Wasn't a wear they were going to do this.
Extending the existing platform, and adding a second one on the east.

Heat has not been kind to the Ottawa LRT

Yeah. Among other things, they didn't heat the rails during installation; Metrolinx warms them to 38C for installation. TTC above-ground sections in direct sunlight are short enough it rarely matters. Ottawa LRT is almost entirely in direct sunlight.

Ottawa can probably mitigate the heat issues by simply painting the track sides white which is done in parts of Britain but redoing the track installation with the Metrolinx process would fix it.

Last edited:

Back