Here is some site context for the latest design iteration, 150 Eglinton East:

51356435292_f272fddcad_k.jpg

51357404958_61279a082f_k.jpg

It is a bit maddening to think how small The Madison across the street looks compared to this proposal.

Also, some odd live-work units on the upper floors of the podium. I'll have to look at what they are thinking with those, I wonder if they are trying to satisfy office replacement with live-work units somehow.
Certainly seems that way. They are in the podium floors (where no other residential units are located, only residential amenity area) and are not counted as part of the residential unit count from what I can determine from the arch plans.

Last edited:
Here is some site context for the latest design iteration, 150 Eglinton East:

51357404958_61279a082f_k.jpg
Huh - there’s certainly a lot more proposed as opposed to “actually under construction” in this area. Does anyone have any sense of how many of those projects are dead on the vine?

Huh - there’s certainly a lot more proposed as opposed to “actually under construction” in this area. Does anyone have any sense of how many of those projects are dead on the vine?
As incredible as the renderings are - really, really incredible, there are quite a few errors there. There is one under construction that looks like it's missing entirely and several more that are under construction that are listed as proposed.

It should look more like this:

I'm not a fan of how much this proposal simplifies the built form in the area...it's much more of a big block development which removes the finer grain sense on this street. (Not exactly fine grain, but less wide development replaced by a massive project*)
The height is fine, though I hope to see office uses replaced fully seeing as office space has been lost in this area over the years due to nearby development, and retaining multiple uses throughout the neighbourhood will be useful for the vitality of the neighbourhood.
I'm not confident with this proposal at all frankly, partly since live/work units aren't very popular AFAIK in the city, especially new ones which will sell for a premium.

As incredible as the renderings are - really, really incredible, there are quite a few errors there. There is one under construction that looks like it's missing entirely and several more that are under construction that are listed as proposed.

It should look more like this:

Thanks, you're right! 89 Roehampton is missing, and there are a few that are u/c already (City Lights and 2221 Yonge are also approaching complete status). I need to do some updating

Thanks, you're right! 89 Roehampton is missing, and there are a few that are u/c already (City Lights and 2221 Yonge are also approaching complete status). I need to do some updating

A couple other minor notes. There's a proposal now for 750 Mt. Pleasant (just south of Eg), and also an older one for 2128 Yonge (NW corner with Hillsdale Ave).

Back