303 2BRs
68 3BRs
=881 total units

932 residential parking spaces
140 visitor spaces
=1072 parking spaces

13,800 sq ft of retail

Bike parking spaces TBD.

@ericmacm not sure if you're still working on adding more Canadian cities to your model skyline repertoire, but between this project and the following ones, Burlington could be a good addition:

Last edited:
@ericmacm not sure if you're still working on adding more Canadian cities to your model skyline repertoire, between this project and the following ones:
The Burlington developments are kinda occurring in four separate clusters, in downtown, near the GO station, and near the GO stations in Aldershot and Appleby. So it might not end up being a coherent skyline, but it would still be fascinating to see!

About time some of these empty lots on brant were developed.

Can't wait to see the entitled folk downtown go crazy over these!

Reactions: neo
@ericmacm not sure if you're still working on adding more Canadian cities to your model skyline repertoire, but between this project and the following ones, Burlington could be a good addition:
Hey! I'm still working on my skylines, it's just that I'm a lot busier with work these days and haven't been able to do my skyline work as frequently. Burlington is indeed one that I would like to get to, but my main focus right now is on Kitchener-Waterloo and trying to flesh out a few of my other ones that are more or less incomplete.

I do greatly appreciate you consolidating all of the project threads, though, thank you for that. It will make the whole process much faster for me when I do eventually get to it.

About time some of these empty lots on brant were developed.

Can't wait to see the entitled folk downtown go crazy over these!
I always appreciate being referred to as 'entitled'...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and completely ignores the fact that the 'entitled' that I know, worked/work their asses off to enjoy the pleasure of playing in a much higher tax bracket and freely giving their two cents worth of input when the idea of importing downtown Toronto into downtown Burlington is promoted by the developer crowd. Their are places for that type of development in Burlington, they are set out in the official plan, just not on lower Brant Street and Lakeshore.

Given that, and having a quick perusal of the Burlington Draft Plan of Development (which appears to be broadly supported by Burlington citizens as well) it does appear that this proposal broadly fits into that plan for this 'precinct'.But the devil maybe in the details.

And I agree, it is about time that these three corners were moved from the status of vacant lots, parking and an under developed low-rise building to something of more value to the 'city'

Now if the arid exterior of the Burlington Square Mall on the fourth corner could be addressed, that would be something.

And then the Acura dealership further down the street, the Scotiabank/Auto Service strip plaza about 540 Brant, even the No Frills Plaza at 552 Brant....so much scope and size for further imaginative redevelopment that could add some density, maybe even take advantage of access to Rambo Creek to add greenspace, and de-value the car to some extent as the primary form of transit in the downtown area.

It should be interesting to see if this mew proposal kick starts further development in this area.

If you think your hard work means you can deny others trying to do the same behind you housing, on land you don't own, I'm sorry, that's entitled.

The environmental policies restricting sprawl means growth needs to be accommodated in different ways than the past, and that means that sites like this, and yes, downtown Burlington, are in fact the *best* place for new homes to be built in the context of climate change and trying to minimize auto use.

I always appreciate being referred to as 'entitled'...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and completely ignores the fact that the 'entitled' that I know, worked/work their asses off to enjoy the pleasure of playing in a much higher tax bracket and freely giving their two cents worth of input when the idea of importing downtown Toronto into downtown Burlington is promoted by the developer crowd. Their are places for that type of development in Burlington, they are set out in the official plan, just not on lower Brant Street and Lakeshore.
Lower brant street an lakeshore are perfect places for development. Half the building have no historical significance. Theres also already a ton of development in that area.

I agree that the way things were happening was in favour of the developer industry but that doesn't mean downtown Burlington shouldn't be transformed. Just gotta think of the people first and not the money.

I lived in Burlington an worked in the public sector for years. Only two groups of people rank more entitled than people from Burlington, people from Oakville and the rich from Toronto 😂

Minor revisal submitted to the City of Burlington.

- Tower "A" (furthest west) has been increased from 14s -> 18s, and the podium connecting tower "A" to "B" has been shortened from 10s -> 5s.

- The podium of tower "C" (northeast plot) has been shortened from 10s -> 7s.

- Tower "D" (southeast plot) has been shortened in the length sense, cut back on the north side along Ghent to increase the size of the public realm at street level. The height remains unchanged.

Original // Revised
Screenshot 2023-03-21 133120.png
Screenshot 2023-03-21 133137.png

Original // Revised
Screenshot 2023-03-21 133328.png
Screenshot 2023-03-21 133338.png

I am unsure whether the number of units, parking spaces, or retail square footage has changed.

All this info and these renderings comes from https://www.burlington.ca/en/news/current-development-projects/molinaro-group-brant-and-ghent.aspx

Last edited:
I see the are installing community gardens on the west side site (west of Brant) I guess we can all exhale as not much will be happening for the foreseeable future it appears.

Back