News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

no I don't get you either!

No, I don't get your opinion. That's because I find it generally without merit.

False realities are not realities once people like you finally get it!

Poor sentence structure and intellectually confused thoughts are your reality. This is quite clear.

If you want to be a self-appointed guardian of "reality," then you are going to have to do much better than to argue that it is your opinion which justifies your claims to grasping "reality."

I just want to express my views in the way I choose to. I agree I should edit what I write better but I noticed that you are appointing yourself my critic so I will rely on your constant editing for me shall I?...you are male hydrogen? You read very male to me.

Bulletin boards are about exchanges. You are entitled to your own opinion, but if the facts are in question, or if someone should disagree with your opinion, it's not unusual to hear about it.

Why would my gender matter so much?

Gender does matter in this world of inequality but I only ask because someone suggested otherwise to me.

You call it "responding to my own posts" I know that it was finishing up what I wanted to say. It took me about three minutes to do that. Sad little negative attitude you have towards my person. Whatever does it for ya.

Where Afghanistan is Today according to the stats presented in the media....
>>Insurgent attacks in Afghanistan are up sharply, aid workers are leaving and more and more of the country is labelled extremely risky by the United Nations.

The Taliban finally give up their last stronghold of Kandahar, routed by British and U.S. air strikes and opposition ground assaults.
Total Security Incidents: 0

The first contingent arrives. Canada sends about 850 troops to serve with U.S. forces in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar.
Total Security Incidents: 13

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization takes control of security in Kabul. It is the first time NATO has mobilized a military force outside Europe in it's 54-year history.
Total Security Incidents: 508
Canadian Casualties: 5

Canadian Lieutenant-General Rick Hillier assumes overall command of NATO's International Security Assistance Force for six months.
Total Security Incidents: 1,044
Canadian Casualties: 9

Canada assumes command of the provincial reconstruction team in Kandahar city. Canadian Forces begin the process of redeployment from Kabul to Kandahar.
Total Security Incidents: 1,876
Canadian Casualties: 10
Total Security Incidents: 5,106
Canadian Casualties: 300

Wounded In Action
Average Monthly Security Incidents: 425

Suicide Bombings

Canada deploys about 2,200 soldiers to Afghanistan. Canadian diplomat Glyn Berry is killed and three soldiers injured by a suicide bomber in Kandahar. Canadian soldier Robert Costall is killed by U.S. friendly fire.
Total Security Incidents: 6,792
Canadian Casualties: 416

Wounded In Action 2
Average Monthly Security Incidents: 566
As of August. 2007

Workers Killed

Suicide Bombings 2

Controversy breaks out over the fate of Afghans detained by Canadian forces in battle and handed over to Afghan authorities. The issue forces the Harper government to twice revise it's policy.
Total Security Incidents: 7,500*
*projected

Future Threat

Some analysts are concerned that this year will see the Taliban using a new weapon, so-called explosively formed penetrators. It's a tool often used in Iraq to puncture even the most heavily armoured vehicle.

Explosively Formed Penetrators

An EFP has a liner in the shape of a shallow dish. The force of the blast molds the liner into a bullet shape, or another, depending on how the explosive is detonated. Has been used in improvised explosive devices against armoured vehicles and can be made from common metal pipe. Explosives on both sides means more civilian death.

The Conservative government and Liberal Opposition come to terms on extending Canada's mission in Afghanistan through 2011. The matter is to go to a parliamentary vote this month.

While there is progress in some areas, public opinion about the foreign presence is on the decline, opium production is on the rise and Afghan police are frequent targets. These are the factors that will determine success.
Public Opinion
Views of Afghans on overall direction of the country
Opium Cultivation
Opium Cultivation Violence
Afghan National Police killed and wounded
Mine clearance
Infrastructure Spending
Nation-Building
Canada's contribution to the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund >>

1000 new American marines? NOT SO MUCH!
http://www.thestar.com/comment/article/426736#<have a look here for more excuses!

You are citing the "9/11 Truth movement" as a valid source?

That's actually quite funny.

The aircraft in question on that day were under civilian authority and had filed flight plans. In no way were they illegal over-flights or military in nature. NORAD could observe them but did not have authority to do anything about them until requested by civil authorities.

You have still not offered up any example of what ought to have been done with all these hijacked aircraft.

Well nothing will be solved until you guy after the Taliban in Pakistan.

They are openly recruiting and building there and we are dying uselessly in Kandahar. Whats my source, try watching something else then CTV and CNN.
The BBC and Al Jazera and Indian television networks have many stories about how strong and powerful the Taliban are in the border regions and how unless we go after these areas will the fighting truly stop.

Rather stupid way of fighting a war. War can last a very long time if both sides have a constant flow of resources and men.

This is a war that will not end untill we get smart and pull out, we cannot win short of fire bombing the entire region. this is just a no-win situation, its time for us to stop sending young men and women off to die for no reason.

I had the opportunity to brief General Hillier a few months back. The guy is truly a class act I tell ya. He extremely intelligent and knowledgeable but has a very laid back personality.

He treated me, a 27 yr old LT, at the time, as good or better than any of the generals who were sitting in his office at the time. He took the time to read up on the issues the night before. I was extremely impressed to know that he had read the history of the Pashtun peoples for the last 200 years before the briefing. Anyone who knows the schedules of any CEO or general know that even 10 mins of their day is a big deal. Reading for hours on end on your own time, while working 12-15 hrs a day everyday at that age is truly something.

To top it off...he is the consummate Canadian patriot. His sole concerns were the boys and girls in the field, Canada's interest and place in the world and meeting the needs of Afghans. He is a man that truly wanted the best for Canada and the best for the men and women under his command.

He will truly be missed.

Well nothing will be solved until you guy after the Taliban in Pakistan.

They are openly recruiting and building there and we are dying uselessly in Kandahar. Whats my source, try watching something else then CTV and CNN.
The BBC and Al Jazera and Indian television networks have many stories about how strong and powerful the Taliban are in the border regions and how unless we go after these areas will the fighting truly stop.

Rather stupid way of fighting a war. War can last a very long time if both sides have a constant flow of resources and men.

+1 to you sir. This is exactly what every western military officer and security analyst is saying. Given all the crap that the Paks do, their record on nuclear proliferation and their support of anti-western jihadis, were it not for their proximity to Afghanistan and the possession of nukes, they would be a global pariah. And I assure you that this point is understood at every level of government in Canada and the US.

But Pakistan is a tough nut to crack. Apply too much pressure on them and they start proliferating (AQ Khan network). Don't give them enough aid money and they let Al Qaeda and the Taliban have free reign throughout Balochistan, the FATA and NWFP. That's the sad reality. It's going to take a hell of a lot of diplomacy to bring them onside.

And incidentally the 1000 troops help in this regard. The Paks remain convinced that the west is going to pull out of Afghanistan sometime soon and they will be left behind to pick up the pieces....a la post-soviet withdrawal. If we up the ante, and show them that the west is committed to leaving behind a stable and prosperous Afghanistan, they will probably feel like cooperating a little more....or at least that's the hope in most of the ivory towers of the western world....

The West's resolve is being tested at every turn, and for the most part we are failing those tests. If the US leaves Iraq in tatters, then insurgents from Saudi Arabia and Iran will fill the void. If the international forces leave Afghanistan, same thing will happen. It is ugly no matter what.
Russia is testing our resolve with Georgia - and so far, we are failing that. It makes me shudder to think what would be happening if Georgia had made it into NATO by now.

We can't leave Afghanistan.

Back