There is a rendering of this building posted outside the Tridel Sales centre on Carlton Street across from the Met. If I can I will snap a pic - it was the first time I'd seen a rendering, though others may have seen one before.

Is this still the current elevations?

300_Front_Street_West.jpg

There is a rendering of this building posted outside the Tridel Sales centre on Carlton Street across from the Met. If I can I will snap a pic - it was the first time I'd seen a rendering, though others may have seen one before.

It would be presumptuous to think that the final result will look exactly like that rendering but, even if it bears a resemblance, this could end up being the best condo tower this city has ever seen.

The tower is proud and confident; the mini-slab is a perfect pairing and that courtyard just seals the deal. This could be a masterpiece.

Its funny but in the ad in this weeks Condo Guide, the smaller 'mini-slab' was left out of the rendering.

I have a hard time being quite that enthusiastic. You are right about the site layout - so many condos dont have any "public" space component. But the main tower itself isnt all that amazing. A glorified box, though certainly it has a bit of refinement to it. As far as most amazing condo tower the city has ever seen, I dont think anything can touch L Tower in design. now if they would just hurry up and get started on both these projects...

Re: Pride and confidence. I don't know, I just feel like it's naked without a curvy bit on top.

It would be presumptuous to think that the final result will look exactly like that rendering but, even if it bears a resemblance, this could end up being the best condo tower this city has ever seen.

The tower is proud and confident; the mini-slab is a perfect pairing and that courtyard just seals the deal. This could be a masterpiece.
Except for the fact that it's overlooking an ugly transformer station

Its funny but in the ad in this weeks Condo Guide, the smaller 'mini-slab' was left out of the rendering.

Well, I hope from a purely aesthetic standpoint that they retain that "mini-slab" because it's perfectly proportioned with the taller point tower and that spectacular courtyard.

Is it a public park or a private amenity space - I only ask because I have seen it listed as both. As Hipster Duck suggests, the park could make or break this project.

From the current Condo Guide (June 23-July 7 edition)

300-2.jpg

It extends east from the north end, framing the park. See it disappear?

(sorry for reposting images)
I'm sure that was just there to hide the transformer station in the first image, since the first image shows more of the buildings in the background.

Back