The shorter, curvy 79s south tower could turn out ok if executed well ... fritted balcony glass (not perforated metal) is a must imo. Grasping at straws I know, but done right this tower could mitigate the waterfront views (somewhat) of its taller, less intelligent siblings to the north.

If Menkes could just rotate the floorplate 5 degrees each floor, it'd create a striking tower (and create more sunlight on all the balconies).
Indeed, it could have been something like this:

952554-Large-evolution-tower-moscow-russia-russia-exterior-exterior.jpg

Evolution Tower, Moscow, source

Interesting to note that both these towers will sport the highest balconies in the city. I wonder if there have ever been surveys asking people if they’re comfortable using these spaces at these elevations? Hoping it’s not just for the sake of architectural uniformity more than anything…

Interesting to note that both these towers will sport the highest balconies in the city. I wonder if there have ever been surveys asking people if they’re comfortable using these spaces at these elevations? Hoping it’s not just for the sake of architectural uniformity more than anything…
...or the unobstructed wind levels that makes one hold onto everything for dear life while breaking out the barbeque at that height.

^I mean, you've defended some less than glorious projects on here lmao

Edit: on a broader point, your posts are persistently among the most negative on this forum. If you hate development so much, why continue working in the industry and posting here?

Constructive criticism of the many subpar Toronto projects is more than welcome, but the unrelenting torrent of negativity and snark is so overdone at this point.

Last edited:
^I mean, you've defended some less than glorious projects on here lmao

Edit: on a broader point, your posts are persistently among the most negative on this forum. If you hate development so much, why continue working in the industry and posting here?

Constructive criticism of the many subpar Toronto projects is more than welcome, but the unrelenting torrent of negativity and snark is so overdone at this point.
I find Mr. End is always opened to be challenged on his views for those who are willing taking the time to do so. And does not engage in dog whistling for the edge lord votes which is far more troublesome, like I've seen a few do...

...that said, can we drop the tone arguing please? He doesn't like your twisty example. And I'm not sure it's suitable replacement here since it appears to be an office tower to begin with. Full stop.

I find Mr. End is always opened to be challenged on his views for those who are willing taking the time to do so. And does not engage in dog whistling for the edge lord votes which is far more troublesome, like I've seen a few do...

...that said, can we drop the tone arguing please? He doesn't like your twisty example. And I'm not sure it's suitable replacement here since it appears to be an office tower to begin with. Full stop.
Productive debate goes out the window when the above example gets an "Ew" whereas comments calling out monstrosities (see Nobu thread specifically) are urged to be gracious....

Productive debate goes out the window when the above example gets an "Ew" whereas comments calling out monstrosities (see Nobu thread specifically) are urged to be gracious....
I don't think it has, because we can still debate. It's just whether we're willing to debate when the answers that don't go our ways...no matter how eloquent or succinct it is.

...either way, I really don't like getting into tone arguments, as it does not really address the reasons why someone posted what they did, IMO. That's all.

Back