The OL has a "set" date of 2029, with delays likely like every subway project.
No, it was 2027

The RL had a date of 2031, with delays likely like every subway project.
I believe it was 2029. Ford's decision to cancel the project, on the verge of the RFP starting, and setting back things by 3 years, was going to speed things up by 2 years ... LOL.

No, it was 2027

I believe it was 2029. Ford's decision to cancel the project, on the verge of the RFP starting, and setting back things by 3 years, was going to speed things up by 2 years ... LOL.
It was not 2029, it was 2030 - 2031.

yup. The OL is a genuinely better project than the RL on many levels that i've gone over on this board. I don't understand the continued desire to return to the far more expensive solution previously concocted by the city that was just a worse project on almost all fronts from cost to travel times to completion date.

It was not 2029, it was 2030 - 2031.
Official website still says 2029 https://reliefline.ca/ - and if you read down, that was AFTER the Ontario Line was proposed by the conservative government, shortly before council cancelled it.

Certainly lots of talk about it being later - but nothing official. During 2018 mayoral race, there was even talk of 2028.

that site is some unofficial fan site by the looks of it haha. It uses the same url of the old city site though, someone must have purchased the url after the city let it expire for some reason.

Now that you mention it, I did some digging, and the line was originally scheduled for a 2031 completion but Tory had pushed for an accelerated construction schedule of 2029.

that site is some unofficial fan site by the looks of it haha. It uses the same url of the old city site though, someone must have purchased the url after the city let it expire for some reason.

Now that you mention it, I did some digging, and the line was originally scheduled for a 2031 completion but Tory had pushed for an accelerated construction schedule of 2029.
Good grief - so it is! A squatter! I'm surprised the City didn't up the ... what, $50 to keep the URL. This is part of the problem with these unique URLs instead of just using something on the City's domain.

Going back to 2018 then - the day after the election: https://web.archive.org/web/20180608063327/https://reliefline.ca/ - but I can't find a hard date ... they reference 2031 travel numbers - but that's because that's what available (2041 is available now).

Dates have shifted and will continue to shift. Overall the Ontario line makes sense (especially combining track work in Leslieville for GO rer).

Dates have shifted and will continue to shift. Overall the Ontario line makes sense (especially combining track work in Leslieville for GO rer).
Hypothetically if Ford loses the elections and another party reverts back to the relief line than a completion date would likely be close to the mid 2030s (2033-34 likely) and an extension to Eglinton likely will not be complete until late 2040s realistically. We cannot wait another quarter century on a possibility of getting the line to Eglinton. Ontario Line is the best way forward! Lets get shovels in the ground and end this debate once and for all. We are all wasting time having a pointless debate.

Hypothetically if Ford loses the elections and another party reverts back to the relief line than a completion date would likely be close to the mid 2030s (2033-34 likely) and an extension to Eglinton likely will not be complete until late 2040s realistically. We cannot wait another quarter century on a possibility of getting the line to Eglinton. Ontario Line is the best way forward! Lets get shovels in the ground and end this debate once and for all. We are all wasting time having a pointless debate.
Absolutely - but with the western portion tendered by then, early works well under way, and the MSF at the northern end - there's not much going back.

Which doesn't preclude a new TBM run from Pape south to near East Harbour, even with the two ends already fixed. That shouldn't delay opening - though I suppose it might delay the Queen/Carlaw/Pape and Gerrard stations opening at the same date - but nothing unusual there.

I suppose it doesn't preclude switching back to using Greenwood yard, and move the Line 2 trains to Obico yard - if there's no MSF contract in place. But the yard is seldom critical path.

Absolutely - but with the western portion tendered by then, early works well under way, and the MSF at the northern end - there's not much going back.

Which doesn't preclude a new TBM run from Pape south to near East Harbour, even with the two ends already fixed. That shouldn't delay opening - though I suppose it might delay the Queen/Carlaw/Pape and Gerrard stations opening at the same date - but nothing unusual there.

I suppose it doesn't preclude switching back to using Greenwood yard, and move the Line 2 trains to Obico yard - if there's no MSF contract in place. But the yard is seldom critical path.

The western portion of OL wont be tendered until Fall of 2022 which is technically until December 20, 2022 and they usually push it back closure to by a quarter or 2. So non of the major contracts will be tendered till early 2023 realistically

I don't think anyone would cancel the Ontario Line outright. Maybe some minor changes, but I don't think cancelling transit projects is politically popular anymore. Personally, I'd love to have the NDP in government because they promise to reform Metrolinx and make it a truly independent agency.

since its being brought up again. Del Duca has specifically stated they wont "cancel" any project that is shovels in the ground. But that doesnt mean he couldnt listen to the nimbys in riverside and tunnel it, that and the msf.

whatever it is. the western potion to exhibition is staying and the northern to science center is staying probably elevated, dont think i heard anything people didnt like about the actual line going through the area, just the msf

since its being brought up again. Del Duca has specifically stated they wont "cancel" any project that is shovels in the ground. But that doesnt mean he couldnt listen to the nimbys in riverside and tunnel it, that and the msf.

whatever it is. the western potion to exhibition is staying and the northern to science center is staying probably elevated, dont think i heard anything people didnt like about the actual line going through the area, just the msf
The problem is shifting that stuff will delay the project majorly at this point. Metrolinx is planning to have the Lakeshore East corridor under construction by the time the election happens - which sort of closes that window of opportunity.

We'll see, I'm doubtful we'll even see a change of government next year anyway.

Back