vita close.jpg

vita distant.jpg

Does anyone know if/what is planned beside Vita Two on the West? Is there going to be a building placed in between Vita Two and Eau Du Soleil (in front of the tall Vita One and Jade Condos?)

I have seen renderings where there is a tall 40-50 storey building but don't see any plans anywhere

Does anyone know if/what is planned beside Vita Two on the West? Is there going to be a building placed in between Vita Two and Eau Du Soleil (in front of the tall Vita One and Jade Condos?)

I have seen renderings where there is a tall 40-50storey building but don't see any plans anywhere
It's assumed that the Conservatory Group owns that site (their presentation centre for the Waterways buildings to the east is still there), so when they are ready to move on building on it, I assume the presentation centre will be used to sell that site too. It is zoned for a 41-storey tower beside Vita Two, a 6-storey building beside Vita, and a 2-storey commercial building fronting Lake Shore. Based on recent permissions in the area, it's quite possible that Conservatory would go to at least the Committee of Adjustment to increase all of those heights.

In any case, there's been no recent movement, with no application on the City of Toronto's Development Applications page, and no advertising from Conservatory. The thread for that property is here, and the last several posts are people simply asking "what's going on?!" to which there is no answer.

It's assumed that the Conservatory Group owns that site (their presentation centre for the Waterways buildings to the east is still there), so when they are ready to move on building on it, I assume the presentation centre will be used to sell that site too. It is zoned for a 41-storey tower beside Vita Two, a 6-storey building beside Vita, and a 2-storey commercial building fronting Lake Shore. Based on recent permissions in the area, it's quite possible that Conservatory would go to at least the Committee of Adjustment to increase all of those heights.

In any case, there's been no recent movement, with no application on the City of Toronto's Development Applications page, and no advertising from Conservatory. The thread for that property is here, and the last several posts are people simply asking "what's going on?!" to which there is no answer.

Appreciate the response, thanks for the information.

I just moved into Lago (56 annie craig) and I am facing West. I guess my view of the lake will disappear in a couple years :(

Appreciate the response, thanks for the information.

I just moved into Lago (56 annie craig) and I am facing West. I guess my view of the lake will disappear in a couple years :(
It'll take some of it, not so sure about all of it, but it's going to be more than a couple years away! At the speed that Conservatory works, you may have a half dozen years before your view is impacted, maybe even more, as I assume Conservatory would sell and build the shorter boutique building first.

We are preparing our annual Best Buildings poll, and are looking for clean shots (with hoarding/fences gone) of each recently completed building to include in it to make it fair. If you are by here in the next short while, please shoot this building from across the street and post it right away!

We are preparing our annual Best Buildings poll, and are looking for clean shots (with hoarding/fences gone) of each recently completed building to include in it to make it fair. If you are by here in the next short while, please shoot this building from across the street and post it right away!

Like its taller sister, Vita Two still has fences up around it, and as this affects this mid-rise building more dramatically, I am leaning heavily on keeping this building off the poll until next year:

IMG_9851.jpg

Anyone strolling by care to take some up-to-date shots? This should end up in the year-end-poll, but the photos above still have fences and all those, um, lovely ad banners, hopefully gone by now… Thanks!

Back