Temporary decking is being constructed for future station excavations on Vnacouver's Broadway extension.

Traffic-Deck-InfoGraphic-1024x576.png

Just following up on this reference - The first road deck section has been installed!

Last edited:
At about 1:48:45 the project lead for YNSE commented that there is an agreement in place for the YNSE not to open until the Ontario Line is fully functioning with passengers onboard them. The lead also commented they anticipate the YNSE to open "end of 2031" which could mean the Ontario Line is not anticipated to finish until close to that for there to even be an agreement in place. If OL were to be open by 2030 whats the point of having an agreement in place when there is a 2 year buffer. Educated Guess would be OL will open towards the end of 2031 at the earliest.

Pressures on the Ontario Line to deliver ASAP

Ontario Line is supposed to be open in 2028 no?

Ontario Line is supposed to be open in 2028 no?
Not sure if your being sarcastic or not... but Metrolinx has already confirmed end of 2030 is projected opening for the Ontario Line. My personal expectation based on the tone and signals Metrolinx is sending is that the project will not complete until late 2031 at the earliest. My 2 cents.

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not... but Metrolinx has already confirmed end of 2030 is projected opening for the Ontario Line. My personal expectation based on the tone and signals Metrolinx is sending is that the project will not complete until late 2031 at the earliest. My 2 cents.
Given that part of Metrolinx's original justification for the replacing the tunnel with a viaduct through Riverside was that it was necessary to advance the opening from 2029 to 2027, it's not an unreasonable question for those who aren't 100% up-to-date on which version of Metrolinx lies we are now on.

(the other part was so that transfers weren't as far between the GO platforms and the subway platforms at the new Gerrard GO station) 🤣

Given that part of Metrolinx's original justification for the replacing the tunnel with a viaduct through Riverside was that it was necessary to advance the opening from 2029 to 2027, it's not an unreasonable question for those who aren't 100% up-to-date on which version of Metrolinx lies we are now on.

(the other part was so that transfers weren't as far between the GO platforms and the subway platforms at the new Gerrard GO station) 🤣
My apologizes just wasn't sure if you were serious or not as a lot of us were joking about the opening day a couple weeks ago about it.

Also if you watched the YNSE the lead speaker mentioned they cannot open it until Ontario Line is open and as a result will open end of 2031. Based on his comments I speculate Ontario Line won't open till the second half of 2031 at the earliest.

the first part is what metrolinx has said, but its mostly based on the "2 years longer" timeline for tunneling down to eastern avenue or whatever the relief line plan was.

what you forget is that even if metrolinx decided to do the relief line tunnel, it would be more like 2033/2034 when it opens.

the cross platform transfers are kinda funny actually. East harbour specifically.

My apologizes just wasn't sure if you were serious or not as a lot of us were joking about the opening day a couple weeks ago about it.

Also if you watched the YNSE the lead speaker mentioned they cannot open it until Ontario Line is open and as a result will open end of 2031. Based on his comments I speculate Ontario Line won't open till the second half of 2031 at the earliest.
Surely given my previous comments since 2018, it's very clear I know that.

That doesn't mean that others haven't yet realized that Doug Ford has broken his promise to have it open in 2027.

what you forget is that even if metrolinx decided to do the relief line tunnel, it would be more like 2033/2034 when it opens.
Now it would, sure, as they'd have to redesign the whole thing before tendering - but if it had been tendered 3 years ago as planned, 2029 was doable.

Surely given my previous comments since 2018, it's very clear I know that.

That doesn't mean that others haven't yet realized that Doug Ford has broken his promise to have it open in 2027.

Now it would, sure, as they'd have to redesign the whole thing before tendering - but if it had been tendered 3 years ago as planned, 2029 was doable.
TBH at this point the opening date and the debate between RL/OL is a moot point and a pointless one. The Ontario Line is going to be built whether we like it or don't and will open when it opens. Nothing we can do will speed it up so lets look at the glass half full and be grateful we are getting some sort of a relief line within the next 9-10 years

Back