Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
According to the Lobbyist Registry, this site, currently home to the Andorre hotel is the subject of lobbying by IBI, on behalf of Republic Development.

Current Use:

1629727621221.png

taken from: https://www.silverhotelgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Anndore-Exterior.jpg

Aerial Pic:

1629727779725.png

Size: 1190m2/12800ft2

Lobbyist Registry:

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32232​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

15 Charles Street East

Comments:

-- They barely just finished the re-do on this!

- I don't love the existing building, but it's not bad; IBI is not a firm whose recent work I find inspiring........

- Republic on the other hand is behind some interesting stuff........

- Site is barely big enough for a typical condo profile, but it is workable.

- Separation distance requirements will make Yonge Street un-buildable adjacent to this.

Last edited:
Sneaky find! Does this not disturb line 1 which is right there underneath the park? I suppose they can figure that out.

Now if only instead of lobbying for a 3rd new condo proposal on Charles E, they could lobby Wong-Tam to fix the park that has been closed for 1 year, and deal with the skid row situation next door.

Sneaky find! Does this not disturb line 1 which is right there underneath the park? I suppose they can figure that out.

Now if only instead of lobbying for a 3rd new condo proposal on Charles E, they could lobby Wong-Tam to fix the park that has been closed for 1 year, and deal with the skid row situation next door.

The Park is being re-done............we have a thread for that!

The Park is being re-done............we have a thread for that!

Yes, was originally supposed to be done last year I believe, until a homeless encampment ended up in it, and now has been fenced off since, with no work being done. I’ll believe it when I see it. It will be overrun as an encampment once redone though.

Edit: didn’t realize your post about the parks was new though! Nice to see progress.

ZBA application submitted:

Development Applications

Project description:
Zoning By-law amendment application for a 54-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 146 square metres and a residential gross floor area of 35,479 square metres. 549 residential dwelling units are proposed.

The development application also includes 16 Isabella St, a two-storey commercial building:

259c575d31a1da6f8f63688038c54a6d.jpg

Last edited:
I think it should have had more floors, being so close to Yonge & Bloor...

In the centre of the render is a generic, 54 floor, box-shaped tower, 176 metres tall, on the site in question. On the far left, in black, is a generic, box-shaped, 79 floor tower, 263 metres tall, on the site of 83-95a Bloor W.

Toronto Model 12-25-21 15 Charles E.png

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Interesting...........there's an extra property listed in addition, to 15 Charles..................16 Isabella.

An outline of the assembly as described in the City's AIC:

1640434936190.png

Note that I drew over a section of public lane between the 2 properties as said lane does not serve any other properties.

In seeing that, I believe (but don't know...) that this represents on-site parkland acquisition

Certainly, the Isabella fronting property is only ~20ft wide, it would seem a bit odd to extend a sliver of a building that far south.

This would appear to strand 14 Isabella, unless that property is redeveloped in conjunction with the Yonge Street properties.

Last edited:
Another thing to note here is that the Yonge subway line pretty much runs almost directly underneath this site, so it will be interesting to see what takes place here with the engineering for whatever proposal we'll see here.

Another thing to note here is that the Yonge subway line pretty much runs almost directly underneath this site, so it will be interesting to see what takes place here with the engineering for whatever proposal we'll see here.

Subway alignment is directly below the existing park, abutting this site to the east.

^Let's hope they dont breach a side wall with whatever they do, because we all know how wonderful things would get in that kind of an incident.

Back