So, council had a CometoJesus moment and decided: What the hell, YOLO, let's make it an even 300! Is FCP no longer sacred? Wonder how that augers for anything else going up in the financial district.

Bank of Montreal could be a good candidate. If they want to leave their office in Eaton Center and move here.

So, council had a CometoJesus moment and decided: What the hell, YOLO, let's make it an even 300! Is FCP no longer sacred? Wonder how that augers for anything else going up in the financial district.
With only 54 levels it's almost if they could have a basket ball court on every floor...

With the amount of money they spent on their new campus, 0% chance that's happening.
Bank of Montreal could be a good candidate. If they want to leave their office in Eaton Center and move here.

Wrong order, but w/e, LOL

So, @Amare is quite correct that there won't be a move from TEC.

To be clear, I'm not at all certain on where the next big lease will be......

However, if BMO's deal for Bank of the West closes, there will likely be a substantial expansion of their downtown Toronto workforce over the next few years.

I doubt that alone would be enough to anchor a major tower, on the other hand, they have several existing leases.

This is great news. I love this tower and the design. This will also help expand the CBD. I've mentioned before that I've seen this specific design in animation form on Youtube in a video called We Built This City by a band called Starship. It looks very similar to this actual tower. Also, the height is great for this location and will look great from the lakeshore view of the skyline. Or the Islands.
😃

Wrong order, but w/e, LOL

So, @Amare is quite correct that there won't be a move from TEC.

To be clear, I'm not at all certain on where the next big lease will be......

However, if BMO's deal for Bank of the West closes, there will likely be a substantial expansion of their downtown Toronto workforce over the next few years.

I doubt that alone would be enough to anchor a major tower, on the other hand, they have several existing leases.

Hi, I thought the developer spoke on record last year sometime and someone speaking for them said they would have had shovels in the ground already at that time if the city would just approve the tower. I think they were expressing frustration about the process of getting it approved at that time. I don't know if that's changed, but it makes me wonder if they already have tenants in mind?

Hi, I thought the developer spoke on record last year sometime and someone speaking for them said they would have had shovels in the ground already at that time if the city would just approve the tower. I think they were expressing frustration about the process of getting it approved at that time. I don't know if that's changed, but it makes me wonder if they already have tenants in mind?
Don't hold your breath.
That is surprising in a way that there are so few floors for a tower this high. I wonder if they'll go to exactly 300 metres now? 😃
Look at the section. There are several floors devoted to different data centre uses in the lower fifth, then there's 16m of mechanical halfway up and 26m from the top of office / amenity to the roof. Regular office floors (4m) start on the 11th floor.

Don't hold your breath.

Look at the section. There are several floors devoted to different data centre uses in the lower fifth, then there's 16m of mechanical halfway up and 26m from the top of office / amenity to the roof. Regular office floors (4m) start on the 11th floor.

LOL; I always enjoy posts by UT's chief balloon-popper! (seriously, they're a nice change of pace!)

I'm not going to make any statements; but I imagine you (PE) know which project Allied is revving next.

I will say this much......

Subject to everything having closed; 'The Well' is over 96% leased. and QRC West's expansion is 100% leased.

That suggests Allied is rather low on inventory.

Earnings are out in ~ 2 weeks, should get a clearer picture then.

So what do we think, are the trees on top actually going to be a thing? Seems like something that's going to get lost along the way (maybe they already have been lost in a revision in the docs that I haven't seen), or if they do happen that they wont survive up there.

So what do we think, are the trees on top actually going to be a thing? Seems like something that's going to get lost along the way (maybe they already have been lost in a revision in the docs that I haven't seen), or if they do happen that they wont survive up there.

You can plant trees that will survive up there if you create proper planting conditions and choose the right species.

My concern would be more around maintenance.

Trees will need to be inspected regularly (you don't want sizable branches, or any really, falling on someone from dozens of storeys above.)

Trees will have to be pruned; and, of course, as some do die, replaced.

All of that can be addressed, but I'm uncertain how much of it has been, and how much maintenance money is allocated to any longer-term plan.

Don't hold your breath.
I wouldn't be surprised if that tenant bailed to greener pastures during the whole waiting process...

Make sense...so there's going to be a few floors with abnormally high ceiling heights then.

Conditionally approved by the OLT, in a decision issued January 11th, 2022.

Height 54s/300M

Per:

View attachment 375230
The plans on file are for a 298 metre-tall building, not a 300-metre tall one. The bylaw allows them to go as high as 300. It's a contingency for twiddling with it as they create the working drawings, but at this point the uppermost parapet wall around the roof at the northeast peak rises to 298 metres. If future plans show any upward extension of the building, we will change the database file then.

Back